Mantra on Salt Beach
  • Spa
Tamarind Sands(Cabarita Beach)
Halcyon House(Cabarita Beach)
View Hotel
The Beach Resort(Cabarita Beach)
  • Pool
City Lights Motel(Tweed Heads)
3,337 results
All reviewsocean viewthe gold coastmain poolgreat resorttennis courtshotel roombyron bayrelaxing stayspa suitebuffet breakfastsalt beachtropical poolbottle shopone bedroom apartmentgreat poolshort drivegreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have stayed here many times for 1-2 nights but this time stayed for 7 nights in early January.

It's a pretty relaxed hotel in the way of everyone being easy going. It's a huge place with a lot of people over Xmas so not a place to go if you want to have a really quiet self indulgent relaxed holiday but it's perfect for the kids because they can all go to the pool and scream to their hearts content and have a lot of fun.

We booked this hotel on a 50% discount offer (which rarely comes up) and after spending the week there my wife and I agreed that we would have been really upset if we had of paid full price as we didn't think it was worth that much. Much better to take the family to Bali! I tend to think it's a perfect 1-2 night stay place for it's location but we probably won't do a full week there again as it wasn't quite what we look for on a family holiday. There is no kids club for a bit of support at least some of the time so it really is all about the kids so not all that relaxing for the parents unfortunately...

They messed up our room allocation we had requested and confirmed a couple of days prior to arriving so we had 2 nights in an average room and then 5 nights in a room overlooking the pool. Both were ocean view rooms. The second room overlooking the pool was quite noisy so we think the best rooms for being more quiet are the one's overlooking the grassy area, not the pool. The assistant manager did handle the room issue at check in as best he could given the place was at 100% occupancy and staff professionally followed us up when we changed rooms and helped move ours bags across.

Breakfast was extremely busy and the staff weren't keeping up with the food required some of the time.

Location is quite good here as it's so close to Kingscliff and Tweed Heads and about 35 minutes drive from Byron Bay. There are a number of good restaurants next door to the hotel as well.

Room Tip: Ocean view overlooking the grassy area if you want quiet otherwise ocean view overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
MantraSalt, General Manager at Mantra on Salt Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Good afternoon Lteam,

Many thanks for your review in relation to your stay here at Mantra Salt.

We are a family destination and although we do not have a kids clubs we do have many other options for kids in our pools, table tennis, tennis and bike hire as our surrounds are child friendly.

I am glad to hear our service team created a lasting memory.

I wish you well for your future travels,

Kind regards

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Just returned from family stay at salt. This was my 2nd visit and 1st as a family. Visited 7/1 to 18/1. Without doubt , I would say this was my best holiday experience in Australia, Ever! My kids have been spoilt with o/s holidays but even they reckon it was the best.
Check in easy, got in at noon, room ready. Everything available at the doorstep. 2 pools, 2 tennis courts, spa, gym, bike track, hotel, TAB, restaurants, patrolled beach without crossing a road, bike hire. Great buffet breakfast. Best staff, every request dealt with on the spot. I can not recommend the mantra on salt beach highly enough. Location is great 15 minutes from Gold Coast airport and you have all the Gold Coast has to offer without the hustle and bustle. Great holiday, thank you to all the wonderful staff at Mantra, job well done.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MrDigby100
MantraSalt, Manager at Mantra on Salt Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Mr Digby-Thank you for your kind comments.

This resort does meet the family market and Salt is a great and safe destination for the entire family.

Great to hear you did not feel the need to hop in the car each day and the kids were entertained with the simple things life has to offer.

Sounds like the perfect holiday.

Again thank you for your kind words.

Much appreciated,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here over 3 years ago with a girlfriend because i had vouchers. We were so super impressed at the time because it was very clean and well looked after. We had a room above the foyer area that overlooked the pool. I decided to come back with my partner for a nice weekend away because of this great experience but was bitterly disappointed to find the place was run down and unkept. In the room, there was dust on top of the window shutters and the furniture was looking old and worn. In the hallway the carpet was stained and the tiles were dirty. Throughout the entire resort, the floors looked like they were not swept or vacuumed the whole 5 days we were there. Breakfast was average - fruit didn't seem fresh. Such a lovely location and ok for those who are not super fussy but we will not stay there again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments.

Cleaniless is something we strive to withhold in high regard. Our housekeeping team will be disspointed to hear your comments.

I do thank you for your comments and sincerley apolgise we did not your expectations during your stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights on our Honeymoon. The resort itself is a bit of a maze to get to if you don't have a GPS but due to the housing being built in the area but it is a lovely drive. Check-in was an absolute breeze and the lady who checked us in (I wish I could remember her name) was very helpful with directions and information.

The room itself was lovely, we paid a little bit extra for a water view and I def reccomend it with some mentioning the views otherwise. The balcony was large and had a great view of the beach (we were in block 6 I believe) The bathroom was massive and modern, the bed comfortable and the living room was spacious and air conditioned.

I must say I thought the breakfast was fantastic. Always fresh, always a table available (in mid November) and we always left full and happy. The pool looked great, plenty of kids in the main pool, check the second one for a more quiet swim.

We did have a problem with the spa, the jets shot water and soaked the bathroom but it was fixed the next day after being reported and extra towells were offered. On check out the rates in the system were much higher than what we had booked but in literally a minute this was fixed.

The Salt village is lovely, with many resturants and a fantastic bar. I did find it unusual the staff in the Sports Bar were unwilling at first to put the soccer on (channel 9 was playing a movie on all screens) but a senior member of staff over heard and changed it straight over. Def hit the bar, it's fantastic. We ate at the Thai resturant and had a lovely dinner. Yes the prices are on the high end but thats totally expected and well worth it in our case. I also ate at the take away style cafe and it was fantastic.

We had a ball, slept well, enjoyed breakfast and loved the bar. We're already planning to go back in 2013 for a holiday

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your recent wedding.

Great to hear you chose Salt as your getwaway destination and it met your expectations.

Really nice to hear all staff were accommodating to your needs and you utilised all what Salt has to offer.

Look forward to seeing you again,

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We loved that everything was there and we didn't have to pack toddler into the car to go to the beach or dinner.
Buffet breakfast was good and an ample selection. We were only there 4 nights and ate at resort which was easy. I hadn't realised cafes were all so close. Handy having IGA just there too - but we should have been more prepared with supplies.
The pool was busy with kids and I felt sorry for any couples without kids as hard to avoid but all the families were happy.
Definately worth having ocean view for outlook. Got the best deal with free upgrade the ocean view through Flight Centre. 1 bedroom fine and nice size balconies. Even though the hotel was busy it never seemed too crowded or noisy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

We value all comments and trust we will see you again real soon.

Much Appreciated,