“Great For Honeymoon”

Mantra on Salt Beach
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kingscliff
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights on our Honeymoon. The resort itself is a bit of a maze to get to if you don't have a GPS but due to the housing being built in the area but it is a lovely drive. Check-in was an absolute breeze and the lady who checked us in (I wish I could remember her name) was very helpful with directions and information.

The room itself was lovely, we paid a little bit extra for a water view and I def reccomend it with some mentioning the views otherwise. The balcony was large and had a great view of the beach (we were in block 6 I believe) The bathroom was massive and modern, the bed comfortable and the living room was spacious and air conditioned.

I must say I thought the breakfast was fantastic. Always fresh, always a table available (in mid November) and we always left full and happy. The pool looked great, plenty of kids in the main pool, check the second one for a more quiet swim.

We did have a problem with the spa, the jets shot water and soaked the bathroom but it was fixed the next day after being reported and extra towells were offered. On check out the rates in the system were much higher than what we had booked but in literally a minute this was fixed.

The Salt village is lovely, with many resturants and a fantastic bar. I did find it unusual the staff in the Sports Bar were unwilling at first to put the soccer on (channel 9 was playing a movie on all screens) but a senior member of staff over heard and changed it straight over. Def hit the bar, it's fantastic. We ate at the Thai resturant and had a lovely dinner. Yes the prices are on the high end but thats totally expected and well worth it in our case. I also ate at the take away style cafe and it was fantastic.

We had a ball, slept well, enjoyed breakfast and loved the bar. We're already planning to go back in 2013 for a holiday

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MantraSalt, Manager at Mantra on Salt Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Congratulations on your recent wedding.

Great to hear you chose Salt as your getwaway destination and it met your expectations.

Really nice to hear all staff were accommodating to your needs and you utilised all what Salt has to offer.

Look forward to seeing you again,

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,044)

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We loved that everything was there and we didn't have to pack toddler into the car to go to the beach or dinner.
Buffet breakfast was good and an ample selection. We were only there 4 nights and ate at resort which was easy. I hadn't realised cafes were all so close. Handy having IGA just there too - but we should have been more prepared with supplies.
The pool was busy with kids and I felt sorry for any couples without kids as hard to avoid but all the families were happy.
Definately worth having ocean view for outlook. Got the best deal with free upgrade the ocean view through Flight Centre. 1 bedroom fine and nice size balconies. Even though the hotel was busy it never seemed too crowded or noisy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

We value all comments and trust we will see you again real soon.

Much Appreciated,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just returned from four nights at Mantra on Salt Beach at Kingscliff, and can honestly say it was a fantastic trip. The hotel is recommended, and my family will stay there again next time we visit (we stopped by the adjacent Peppers for a meal and it had a less inviting vibe).

The hotel's site is very deceiving. It is much bigger than what you're expecting. We booked a stay 4 nights pay for 3 deal in a 1 bedroom spa suite and were impressed with how big it was. The place is stocked well, with tv, stereo, dishwasher, fridge, cooktop and all cutlery etc., spa bath and shower, air con. Plenty of tea and coffee which we liked as big drinkers of both. We were situated away from the pool area, which I'd recommend requesting as the rooms near the pool seemed way too noisy given the popularity of the pool at all hours. Everything else was taken care of, with buffet breakfast and dinner put on by the hotel each night at Surge Restaurant and Bar, as well as a small gym which I made use of. I highly recommend checking out the nearby restaurants though, next to the hotel. Very popular and while expensive and in some cases heavily overpriced, the fish and chip shop and Salt Bar are great.

The best thing about Mantra is the vibe. The staff are friendly, no one gets in your way and everyone is laid back. It has a good atmosphere. Only downside is that the place is full of children, so if you aren't into kids and families this place is not for you. Otherwise, definitely go there.

Also, it's right on the beach. I swam in the ocean all day every day. It was great. A must if you're wanting to surf and swim.

Last recommendation... Get a spa treatment at Golden Door Spa. Very expensive, but it made my trip. Well worth the money!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the pool for quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank room_downstairs

So glad you enjoyed your time with us.

This resort is fantastic for kids for all the above mentioned.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on line.

Much Appreciated,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went for the New Years weekend, very nice hotel, small room but that didn't matter, comfortable beds, well situated short walk to beach, lots of shops close by. You stil have to take the car out if you want a sheltered swim depending on the weather. Hotel pool quite small and not many sun lounges, as the beach conditions were dangerous and everyone was in the pool. Enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: had a room on south side which got the prevailing southerly with no common area noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DebS968

The team value all comments as it assists consumers with an inside view to a 'real stay'.

Glad you enjoyed your time,

Many Thanks,

Lisa

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Great place to treat yourself to sun beach pool and resort holidaying. Facilities are excellent and location by the sea perfect. Great eating options at Salt Village to suit different budgets and tastes.

• Stayed: January 2013
MantraSalt, General Manager at Mantra on Salt Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Great to hear you enjoyed Mantra!

Perfect for all the reasons mentioned.

Much appreciated,

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Staying here for Christmas Break. In short summary the resort does not cater well during busy season. There are never enough beds around the pool - even at 7.30am in the morning we are unable to get one. The restaurants in Salt Village are over priced and rude - particularly the pizza place. Often a wait for breakfast tables and there seems to be a constant need to top up the breakfast supply which doesn't happen fast enough to meet demand.

Apartments are nice enough and reasonably child friendly apart from coffee and nest tables.

Definitely have a car so you can venture out if resort and avoid overpaying for everything you need.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Ksgsonholiday

Thank you for your feedback.

I take all your comments on board. I agree we are a very busy resort during these summer months especially during the Christmas New Year period and as everyone enjoys the morning sun over breakfast it can be busy.

Please make the time to visit the area in the quieter months if an escape is more your desire.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Don’t risk it is my summary. I have stayed all over the world and never given a bad review here – this is my first. As you can see there are many varied comments, some good, some bad. That should be the first warning sign. I can see if you have a trouble free stay how this place would be a great holiday – the problem is too many of us seem to have problems!

Mine started with a stay at Mantra for my birthday weekend in November. I am a Club C U Soon member and booked through there. But when I arrived I was in a disabled room. What this means is the bathroom and shower feel like you are in a hospital – it is a really poor experience for a weekend away. I understand they have disabled rooms and if the hotel is booked they may have to use them – but the guests should be told this and either given a discount or given the option to not book because the hotel is full.

I rang reception and asked to be moved and were told they were full. A few minutes later they rang back and moved us – which I am eternally grateful. But even the move was fraught with problems – they booked the new people into the room before we had even vacated. The new family turned up while we were still there – very awkward. Which also meant they did not check the room between us exiting and the new family staying. I felt very sorry for the new family. I even got a follow up phone call later that day saying we had left some of our bags in our öld room - not so, these were the bags of the new family staying there. The mix ups continued...

We were also told when we checked in that breakfast had been added to our stay. No, I did not book with breakfast, but they told us they were giving it to us - again we were happy for a moment. But when we went for breakfast the next day, we were told we were not on the sheet. They rang reception – nope, we were not getting breakfast. I went to reception to discuss this and explain we were given breakfast when we checked in – we were still told we were not getting breakfast and that they had no record of us being told that and we should not have been told that. No apology, no explanation for the mix up – one minute we were told we were being given it, then they took the offer away. We ended up paying for breakfast anyway, but that is because it was 10am and we were already there and did not have a plan b.

The facilities are just okay too – I have stayed in far better. The resort covers a lot of ground – it is a rabbit warren – so you could walk for a very long time and not get to your room. Similarly the small pool is tiny for a resort this size. And most of the rooms look out over car parks or into other people's front yards and houses!!

Salt Village is okay, but I found the service very ordinary. This village has 3 big resorts surrounding it so clearly does not have to work hard for their clientele and this shows.

And don’t get me started on the pizza restaurant in Salt Village. The rudest rip off merchants I have ever seen. Do not eat there.

The one shining light was the Day Spa at Peppers – the Golden Door Spa. It was divine. Definitely treat yourself.

But all in all one of the worst weekends away I have had (and we do this about 4-5 times a year) - there are many other choices far better.

Room Tip: Make sure you stipulate in your booking "No disabled room"" Also ask for a room faci...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vanessa542

Hi Vanessa,

I thankyou for your honest opinion of the resort it's layout and the surrounding facilites of the Salt Village. Some of these mentioned are out of my direct control,however so disspointing to read about the service and the mishaps which occured during your stay.

I sincelery apologise for the shortcomings during this stay. This is not what our guests have come to expect of this resort or a standard we pride ourselves on.

I have passed this feedback through to all team members who I know will be devestated with the comments.

Vanessa, please accept my apologies.

Resort Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingscliff
Santai Retreat
#2 of 3 in Cabarita Beach
Paradiso Resort Kingscliff
Paradiso Resort Kingscliff
#2 of 5 in Kingscliff

Been to Mantra on Salt Beach? Share your experiences!