We stayed here for a few nights during early September, a little early for me to swim but a few kids were enjoying the pool.
This hotel was nice, clean and friendly staff. No complaints at all. They even moved us as our first room felt like people in the restaurant could see directly into our room, that was very kind of the staff.
Buffet breakfast was nice, not as efficient as Peppers though and sometimes had to wait but it's not a major issue.
We wanted to try this hotel after staying at Peppers and loving it, so my review is a little more of a comparison.
Personally, I'd rather spend an extra $20 or so a night and stay at Peppers, it's a bit more private (Mantra's rooms circle the pool), the movies are free in the room if you feel like chilling out, I thought the breakfast was a bit better - hey isn't that what holidays are for?? eating heaps, and they will give you a free late checkout if they can (Mantra will charge). I found that Mantra was a bit more of a family resort which isn't really what we are after.
Some positive points...
- The bathroom was really nice, and our room came with a bath that had jets, really nice bath gels and moisturisers.
- The room is huge for a "resort room" it had a little dining area, a kitchen, washing machine etc, bedroom that had cheeky blinds to the bathroom and some deck chairs to chill on the balcony, I enjoyed that a lot.
- The pool looked nice too even though I didn't brave it.
- The staff were all so friendly and welcoming.
In conclusion, I would stay here again but I think for a special couples occasion I'd rather spend a little extra at Peppers.
Hope this is helpful to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Found in Kingscliff in northern New South Wales, Mantra on Salt Beach offers exceptional facilities and a beautiful beachfront location just 90 minutes drive from Brisbane, 30 minutes from Byron Bay and only 15 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. Offering elegance and style with sweeping easterly views to the Pacific Ocean and lush, green grounds to complement its naturally beautiful surroundings, Mantra on Salt Beach is the ultimate coastal getaway. We offer Hotel, One and Two Bedroom Rooms and Suites each with air conditioning, private balcony, cable TV and most offer breathtaking ocean views and wheelchair accessible rooms are available. Centrally located within Salt Village, Mantra on Salt Beach offers direct access to a variety of restaurants, retail stores and the onsite day spa. The hotel features a lagoon pool, tropical pool, rock spa, two tennis courts, gym & free undercover parking (subject to availability). We also have 24 hour reception and a concierge. On the weekend Salt Bar offers a bus service to the main street of Kingscliff where there are even more shops and restaurants to enjoy. Enjoy breakfast or lunch overlooking the resort's lagoon pool and Salt Beach while indulging in the delightful menu of Surge Restaurant & Bar. Using the freshest local produce the head chef creates an enticing breakfast & lunch menu that will impress and satisfy everyone. For the family Surge Restaurant & Bar has you covered by creating affordable kids meals and provides high chairs on request. Numerous leisure activities are available when staying at Mantra on Salt Beach. Whether it be climbing Mount Warning, bike riding the 7km beachside path to Kingscliff or Cabarita, fishing the Tweed, or any other activities you can think of we would be happy to arrange it for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Mantra on Salt Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Salt Beach Hotel Kingscliff