Blue Waters Motel(Kingscliff)(Great Value!)
$91
$79
Ingenia Holidays Kingscliff(Kingscliff)(Great Value!)
$84
City Lights Motel(Tweed Heads)
$72
Peppers Bale Salt(Kingscliff)
  • Pool
3,639 results
All reviewsocean viewthe gold coastmain poolgreat resorthotel roomtennis courtsbyron bayspa suiterelaxing staytropical poolbuffet breakfastsalt beachbottle shopone bedroom apartmentshort breakself containedgreat facilities
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here for my wife's birthday, single night escape. If your after a break from the rut, then Salt is a good location. The beach is across the road, short stroll to Kingscliff, some nice restaurants are in Salt Village (adjoining the resort). The spa bath in the room (with sliding windows) is great. Also visited the Golden Day Spa for some extra pampering.

I would say the resort itself is geared towards families, the resort pool has a max depth of ~1m, and would be great for kids, there is also table tennis and bike hire.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lucanac
MantraSalt, General Manager at Mantra on Salt Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thanks for the comments - great to read.
Next time check out cusoon.com.au for some great specials for your next escape.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a wonderful location it was a very pleant surprise.
We had never been to the area before and were really amased at how fantastic it was set out.
It was very easy to find things and the place catered for everything you could possi\ibly wish for.
Shops Restaurants Banks etc.
The location is great. The little restaurant strip is metres away with enough choice for everyone, We attended a wedding at Cabarita beach and it was very easy to get to and so close. It can get a little windy and a bit cool at night but that is the same anywhere in September.
The Motel was beautiful and very nicely decorated with the laundry in the unit it made is so convenient and the balcony lovely to sit out and watch the sunset.
The facilities were excellent and the food and service from the moment we walked in until the moment we left was excellent and I would most definately recommend the hotel and the area the area.
And I will certainly becoming back again
Thank you to every one concerned you made our stay fantastic

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Robyn D
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Although the property is lovely & close to the beach, we were very disappointed with the general running of the hotel. We were booked into a 1 bedroom ocean view hotel room, which was nice, with a lovely view. The only problem with the room (although, I think it's a big problem) is that the bathroom has just shutters between it & the bedroom, offering very little privacy. The next thing we noticed was there was no free wi-fi offered & the cost was rather laughable...& before the general manager adds his comments that we could stay at Peppers with extras offered (as I noticed on a previous review), I would like to point out that Mantra is NOT budget accommodation & things like free wi-fi are quite commonplace. We had also asked for a late check-out when we first checked in & were told this was not a problem but, upon checking the next day what time our late check-out would be, I was advised it would cost $20 per additional hour. As we were getting the feeling by this stage that Mantra's actual mantra is "nothing in life is free", we decided against the late check-out. We later saw the sign that breakfast would be over at Peppers the next morning & figured that, since we had to go over there for breakfast, we should get the late check-out - at no cost. This was agreed to since no-one was checking into our room later that day. Breakfast on our final morning was certainly "interesting"...Once again, in Mantra's attempt to save a few dollars, they decided that since they didn't have that many guests on the Monday, that they could just send us all over to Peppers. Which, of course, resulted in a ridiculous line-up of guests from both Mantra & Peppers, putting our names on a list & waiting outside for our "number to come up". What a way to end a holiday!!! Thanks for nothing Mantra. We won't be staying with you or at your other property, Peppers, ever again. A beautiful property ruined by a greedy management style.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Suzanne K

Thanks the comments Suzanne.
We do try and meet all of our clients expectations, and I am sorry we did not meet yours.
i do hope you will give us another opportunity to prove to you how we good we can be, as other clients have experienced.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at the Mantra in Kingscliff for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The location is fantastic and the rooms are clean and well appointed with kitchen, laundry and tvs in both the bedroom and lounge room as well as a balcony to relax. It's an amazingly relaxing stay. Staff are friendly and helpful and we really loved being so close to the beach and the great cafes and restaurants. I have read they are overpriced etc. but we didn't find this to be the case. We tried several of them and the food and coffee were consistently good quality and the staff were fantastic as well.

My only very small gripe is the internet cost at the hotel - I think it was something like $15 for 2 hours or $45 for 2 days. Regardless, I highly recommend the Mantra and will definitely be back - next time for at least a week. 3 days is just not enough for such a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the garden - we loved watching the weddings on the weekend.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your stay here at Mantra Salt. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Kingscliff!!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I just spent a lovely 4 days in a one bedroom suite. The rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious. I didn't have an ocean view, my room overlooked the west, over the reception area / car park but that isn't as bad as it sounds, as there is also a gorgeous country view to the Mt Warning and the ranges - lovely at sunset! The resort is fairly quiet so stting on the balcony was fine.
As far as the room facilities went, it is a really well designed space, including a little internal laundry, a spa bath (didn't use but it was really clean and hygenic looking), which had shutters overlooking the bedroom. The bed was nice and firm (though I recommend bringing warn jammies in the cooler months, as there is just a light cover on the bed) and there were good reading lights (usually overlooked in hotels, am I the only one who reads in bed?). There is only a fan in the bedroom, with aircon in the main part of the apartment.

he downside to the apartment is the poor security from the balcony - you cannot lock the sliding doors partially open - they only lock when closed. Due to the poorly designed separation between units on shared balcony spaces, it would be so easy for someone to slip over the divide, so you must keep the balcony doors closed and locked at night. This means you basically sleep in an airless space as there is only one other window in the lounge area and none in the bedroom. Combined with no fly screens (in this area, mosquitos and moths are prevalent in summer at night!) this is a major flaw to my mind. Very badly thought out.

There is also no dvd player. I actually went out and bougt a cheapy to plug in (they don't provide them on request, I asked), as I use a yoga dvd as part of my daily practice. If you have children you are stuck with a free to air, a miserly cable tv selection or the very expensive movie option (seriously, $14.95 for one in-house movie!! that's ridiculous)

The resort itself is well maintained,and pleasant to be in. The pool is quite small and shallow and of course, dominated by children. It is quiet, even at night despite the proximity of the little pub/restaurant/shopping strip on the other side of the complex. Keep in mind that the resort faces directly on to the beach, so is subject to fierce easterlies and southlies, not very protected, so it can be blustery out there. The pool area over at Peppers is vastly superior (much larger,protected and more private despite being overlooked by units the same as Mantra is), so if a good pool matters to you, Peppers is the place to be, sorry Mantra).

There are bicycles to hire, and a fabulous bike path so you can ride away from the road (a little empty when I was there, best not to bike alone I think). It took me about 30 mins cruising to get to Cabarita with it's lovely headland and protected beach. Not to Mantra - time to replace the bicycles, which were once nice bikes but no more! Rusty, dented, mine had a broken bell (illegal by the way) and brakes that weren't 100%. Did you ever wash or maintain them? Next time I will rent a better one from Kingscliff.

The location is great. The little restaurant strip is metres away (great Thai place) with enough choice for everyone, and Cabarita and Kingscliff close by if you don't want to self-cater. The ocean here can get a little windy and rough, but there is miles of sand and sea with plenty of room for everyone. And other beaches nearby to choose from. The area is still a little undeveloped (there is still construction fencing about the place), but a welcome change from the Sunshine coast overdevelopment ! Kingscliff itself is low key and quick to get to, and there is enough to do in the area to keep you occupied (make sure you take a drive through the Tweed Valley to Murwillumbah, and detour along the country roads).

Overall, a very pleasant, family style place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor, the non-ocean view ones are fine.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay here at Mantra on Salt Beach
We have taken your comments on board and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Kingscliff