“Not a great fan of Japanese food but...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fins

Fins
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Kingscliff
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Douglas, Australia
“Not a great fan of Japanese food but...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This food was really tasty. I was a little confused with the set up...at he font is Japanese on the deck was seafood. But really enjoyed the food.

Visited April 2014

Byron Bay, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service & excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We are staying at Salt Resort Peppers and were a little concerned about having only a handful of restaurants to choose from. No need for concern, we have eaten at fins 3 times now in in 3 days. The first experience we had was in the pop up Japanese restaurant attached to Fins, it was only there second night of operating the Japanese, but everything was done to perfection. Beautiful fresh Japanese flavours and very we'll priced. I must also mention the beer selection, after becoming acquainted with the operations manager, Jonsey, who helps make the place what it is, he then talked me through the beer menu, I must of had at least 6 of the finest beers I have tasted, mostly Australian boutique but a couple of Japanese crackers.
Next day we had takeaway fish & chips then that night we went to Fins. Once again we were blown away by the food and service, I did find the wine list a little overwhelming, it took me about 20 minutes to read and I had only heard of about a third of the wines, apparently there is 458 to choose from. Thanks Jonsey for your great hospitality, we will definitely be back.

Brisbane, Australia
“Great degustation dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a great christmas eve degustation dinner at Fins. We've been to this restaurant before and have always had a fantastic experience. Their seafood is spectacular both in quality and presentation.

The wait staff can explain all of the dishes very well if you're unsure what to get.

We had a slight hiccup with our drinks order at the start of the night, but our waiter quickly corrected and was fantastic throughout the rest of the night.

The finger lime panna cotta was one of the best deserts we have ever had.

• Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Oral pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We had the 6 course degustation with matching wines, absolutely delicious and faultless!! I have had many a degustation over the years at many a hatted restaurant and this meal was certainly up there. This was the general consensus of the table of 5 adults .. The two kids meals of tempura fish and chips were also great.The service was next to none and the sommelier did a wonderful job. I'm still dreaming of the tuna sashimi and the chowder and the pork oh and the Panacotta with lime fingers , actually all of it!! Delish !! Def would go back !

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Over Priced, Poor Service.. Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My partner and I had planned on getting the 6 course degustation dinner and phew are we relieved we didn't!

We opted for the signature dish.. the Bouillabaisse of seafood. Don't get me wrong the food was delicious and cooked very well however at $95 dollars the quantity was sorely lacking! There were 2 scallops, 2 crab legs, a splash of the fish of the day, some calamari and a few mussels served with 2 pieces of bread! We were lucky we had had a large lunch!

As for the service, I counted 4 different servers throughout our sitting, some friendly, some not - not one of them introduced themselves. Very inattentive, quickly rambling off the specials - didn't really take in what that one said.

Wouldn't return.