“So very very bad”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I would never recommend House of Canton unless you are looking to get a sick day at work. Quite simply the worst food I have ever been served and the waitress' were arrogant and obnoxious. One in particular was attempting to give my girlfriend a hearing impairment, you could here her ranting and raving from the kitchen! The plates were chipped and weren't fully cleaned. The chicken was dry and the omlett seemed to have been mircowaved! The "special" friend rice was all sticky and made you want to vomit. Never again!

We spoke to some friends and they said that up until about a month ago they had the fastest delivery service in the business however now it took forever when they were told half an hour. They too said the food had diminished into dog food over the last few years. They too are recommending people to go to the thai place 50m away which has the best food in Kiama!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We just got dinner (takeaway) from here and it was so bad I couldn't even finish a small plate and am worried I'm going to be sick.
I can't remember the last time I paid for food this terrible - I'm pretty sure the overpowering, sickly sauces were packet/store bought as well as the doughy spring rolls.
The staff are nice, so it's a shame - I had heard that although the restaurant had changed hands a couple years ago, the chef had bought it, so I assumed the quality would reflect the glowing reviews from before that. Unfortunately, no. I will not be back. Ever.
I feel bad for writing such a mean review, but if the chef or owner reads it, I hope it persuades them to use fresh food with good quality ingredients.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

i went to "the house of Canton" not too long ago for the first time (being far away from kiama itself) i booked a table and when entering the returant a nice young girl straight away took us to our table and was very polite with a great smile and nice sence of attitude.really made the atmosphere at the resturant feel wonderful and great!
she brought our drinks out really quickly and he food came quickly after (might i say for being cooked incredibly quick this food was amazing) i have not experienced a chinese culture or its food first hand but the young girl staff there and the chefs beautiful cooking made me have a wonderful experience tasting the chinese foods.it was a great! we had a great time,atmosphere was great and overall fantastic and devine.a must if you are ever in kiama House Of Canton is the place to see!

2  Thank Atlas15
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The staff were very friendly but the food was very bad. We had a meal of entrees which we tasted from each plate but just couldnt eat any of it - thick, doughy and tasteless, seriously overfried and chewy or swimming in unappealing, overpowering sauce. The chef needs to consider using 'fresh' food. I've never left a bad review but this was an extremely disappointing experience and just a waste of money.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

The food was foul and full of msg! both my partner and I had a raging headache shortly after finishing our meal. The food tasted like something you would buy in a jar from coles.
Staff were angry bogans, they seemed put out by our general presence even though we were the only people patronising the restaurant at the time.
Upon arrival we were abruptly told the restaurant was fully licensed and that we could not drink the wine we had bought with us, we were presented with a wine list full of some of the worst names in Australian wine at hiked up prices.

This meal was the worst 45.00 we ever spent.