“Wonderful service and scones!” 4 of 5 bubbles

My Chocolate Shoppe
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Kiama
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful service and scones!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Service - Wonderful. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. The café looked clean, cosy and inviting.

Cost - I had the high tea and thought it was a little expensive for $22 considering what was received - I would have been better off ordering each single item from the standard menu from what I could work out afterwards, so that was a little disappointing as I expected by buying more you would get better value.

Food - The little quiches and scones were lovely. The home-made jam is really tasty making the scones even yummier. The cake and biscuits tasted stale (they seriously tasted a day old and I could get better from a supermarket). The chocolate is also very rich so the top tier I could not eat without feeling ill so again, a waste of money.

Overall - I would visit again but stick to a mug of coffee and a scone which I could get for a reasonable price of $8 and really enjoy... Not regret paying $22 for something I didn't thoroughly enjoy. It's worth a visit!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Lovely place to grab something sweet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

A welcoming little cafe with a lovely vibe. Your chocolate cravings and desires will be served here.

Visited September 2013
Gosford, Australia
“Great Chocolate and coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a good little coffee shop with a great choice of gluten free cakes and chocolates. Most staff were pleasant enough. Could improve a little in this area.

Visited August 2013
Blue Mountains, Australia
“Friendly service, lovely treats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We popped in for some takeaway temptations - very friendly service. The food was lovely - the Lemon Brulee Tart (was that its correct name??) was just wonderful. Part of an overall wonderful break on the south coast - we will definitely be back!

Visited July 2013
Terrigal, Australia
“Very yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We visited Kiama for the weekend and stopped in for some cake. Triple Choc. mousse cheesecake that the owner made herself..... DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My partner had the Belgian chocolate milkshake which he loved. The place had a great cosy feel about it and the staff were really lovely..... Our take away chocolates that we purchased were so yummy! I would drive 2.5 hrs just to have another piece of that cake!!!!! Thank you :)

• Visited June 2013