“worse fish and chips ever”

Hunky Dory's at the Wharf
Ranked #57 of 76 Restaurants in Kiama
Goulburn, Australia
“worse fish and chips ever”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I travelled there for a lovely feed by the sea, fish was not flat head as ordered, tasteless. I only buy flathead fillets when I buy fish as I think its the most flavour. Don't pay exorbitant prices for something that is horrible, don't go there

1 Thank Cherylyn G

Adelaide
“Just OK”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Great spot but not the most welcoming atmosphere. Staff were quite blunt and at one stage yelled at us for feeding the seagulls.

They have a grill but only offer Barramundi and Salmon as grilled offerings, so you can only have the locally caught flathead if you have it deep fried in fat.

OK, just OK

1 Thank Screech1616
Kiama, Australia
“forget the previous bad reviews...this place is great”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Ok we been eating here every weekend and not one bad meal was served to us. The food is cooked freshly and the chips are the best cooked in town.
My advice is if you are eating here on the weekend, get in early coz this place is packed out on the weekend.

Also the views of the Kiama harbour are tops..check it out

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Don't agree with bad reviews”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was surprised to read all these bad reviews of Hunky Dory's at the Wharf in Kiama. I eat there every Wednesday with my Father-in-law and the service has always been cheerful and helpful. In fact on occasion when we asked for Blue Grenedier she upgraded the fish to Ocean Perch which was $3 more and charged us for the Blen Glenedier as she wanted us to try, in her view, the superior fish, which was in fact delicious. When we asked for seafood salad and it wasn't available she asked us to just give her a call before we left to go to the restaurant and she would make it up for us. The batter on the fish is crispy and light and you certainly get a good serve of chips. I know there are no rubbish bins in the restaurant (probably due to Health regulations), but there are plenty on the grass verge opposite, only half a dozen steps away.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank DerekCC_12
Wollongong, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worst service I've ever had and the food made me sick”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Yesterday, I invited friends to Kiama for the day and we ate at Hunky Dory's. It was late afternoon, not long before closing time, and surprisingly not a crowd around. The group spent over $100 on a variety of meals.We were rushed with our order, miss understood, frowned upon and then given the worst fish n chips I've tasted!
Today I have felt sick, and been rushing to the bathroom every hour.
Never again will I be eating there and I will never will I recommend the place.
Stay away from this one peeps!

• Visited August 2013