“Agree with all the negative comments”
Review of Kiama Cove Motel

Kiama Cove Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kiama
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Wish we had read the comments prior to making the booking, we would not have bothered.
Did not like the male owner?, he was extremely rude and arrogant.
View was the only positive. There was a half eaten cracker on the carpet next to the couch when we moved into the room, a bottle of water under the bed and a hand written note from someone's diary at the back of the couch, so if you were the owner, hope your day improved. We always check thoroughly before leaving our accommodation so that we don't leave our mess for someone else. The toilet did not flush which should have been noted by the cleaner as there was still toilet paper in the bowl when we moved in. The compendium was a joke, where is all the guest information. We really feel sorry for overseas guests.

Room Tip: Lovely views across the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hannah852_13

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Paying $210 a night I would expect a clean room or even a microwave would of been nice as was stated! The website is very deceiving the room soo didn't look like the pictures shower curtain was mouldy I had to get the owner to come clean the room when we got there as was dusty bathroom was dirty could of done with a vacuum the paint work is horrible and receptionist and owner were quite rude and judgemental as I asked them for a refund so we could leave instead he came and wiped over the place with a duster oh and 1 of the bedroom windows wouldn't even close so my kids froze! DO NOT PAY FOR THIS MOTEL.. U will be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Siennamiller
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Friendly staff. Good quick email communication. Stayed 3 nights. Sheets clean and bed comfortable but the room needed a good dust. And a good clean. Daily general cleaning seems to be below par. For example: there was a soap wrapper on bathroom floor on arrival. I left it there asca little test. It remained there 3 days later!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Paid top $ due to views and location but attention to presentation and maintenance is rather deficient (plumbing and painting ?!) this is disappointing and leaves a sour taste. Comfy beds and clean sheets but you would expect more at this price.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

1. The bathroom. Shower curtain was MOULDY. You had to turn sideways to get into and out of the shower over mouldy dirty tiles. There was old soap dispensers just seemingly ripped off the wall and the remains left there. Once you opened a soap there was no where to put it except on a mouldy ledge. The toilet seat was cracked
2. The carpets were so dirty that my husband sneezed and coughed for the 2 days thinking he was coming down with the flu. It took us until we drove home on Sun morning to realise that his symptoms only occurred in the room. He has a history of allergy to dust mite but it hasn’t surfaced for many years and never in a motel.
3. There was no phone in the room.
4. The Compendium was so out of date it had phone instructions in it as well as crossed out TV stations that didn’t match and I won’t go on with anything further. NO AUSTAR MOVIES AS ADVERTISED
5. The overhead light above the bed didn’t work , so I had to go to reception (remember there is no phone). Yes it was fixed quickly but it should have been checked prior.
6. Almost impossible to open the sliding door to access the balcony. Bolted to floor and filthy, I couldn’d move it , my husband had to.
7. Paint peeling off the ceiling
8. Holes in the curtains (visible at night as though something was eating them)
9. Fridge that wouldn’t freeze ice , even when turned to max for 24 hours – had to buy some.

I have to stop now because I am getting worked up and angry.

To be fair , the king bed was very comfortable , but only 2 pillows , 2 towels and a blanket that didn’t fit the bed. (Remember the weather last weekend)

We paid extra for the deluxe balcony room . What a joke.

I have never complained before and couldn’t do it before we left because it would have been too upsetting . OH ! and the OFFICE wasn’t open when we left.

Room Tip: don't stay
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank christine s
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family and I stayed with these guys for 2 nights Jan 2013. We chose the place based on its web page and wow was it not the same place. Our room was 3 single beds and 1 king all with very clean sheets and pillows, we got a nice (small) flat screen TV in the room with cable for the kids a table and a large coat stand. The room had a good view of the bay and was a quick trot down a few flights of steps to the pool and recreation area. Facilities were great on paper, Pool, BBQ, games room with air hockey and foosball what we got however was unclean games room 2/3 of the BBQ's not working and the only one that did work tried to blow me up, and was stuck on full blast at all times. We didn't use the pool but it did look good.
Through out the facility there was pain peeling off of everything with big chunks around the kids beds just not there. The bathroom was old and well haggard with 1/2 an old soap dispenser attached to the wall and a painted nail sticking out beside it. I thought it was a bit expensive at $250 a night but this is the 1st time I have gotten a room for 5. If this place were all fixed up ( including the rates) it would be very nice.

Room Tip: Dont trust the web page and ask loads of questions about what your getting before you book
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank N3RO
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Room had a fabulous view and clean linen and that's about it! single bed rolled all over the worn out timber floor because it was on casters. Had to ask for it to be fitted after a very sleepless night, first of 4 nights. It was fixed the next afternoon. There was no soap holder in the worn out shower and my 81 yr old mother had to bend down to the floor to pick up the soap, not very safe at all for any age group. No hand towel rack or anywhere to hang your cloths either. Room was not cleaned at all on the 2nd day even though I was told it had been! Nothing to dry our cups and plates etc after they had been rinsed not washed in the bathroom sink. Sliding door very hard to open due to rust from the salt area. Lawn not mowed and very untidy outside our verandah. Tea & Coffee area not cleaned once in our 5 day stay. Room not cleaned at all in the 5 day stay and this was very disappointing for a room that was $200+ per night. I have stayed in much better places for $100 per night! would not stay there again far too over priced just for the view. This was my Mother & my Christmas gift from my husband, so once again very disappointing stay. I also left the list of problems for the manager at reception when we checked out with no reply as he wasn't available.

Linda K

Room Tip: Don't stay there.Over priced and not clean
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank linda58kebb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiama
The Sebel Harbourside Kiama
#3 of 11 in Kiama
Park Ridge Retreat
Park Ridge Retreat
#1 of 2 in Gerringong

Been to Kiama Cove Motel? Share your experiences!