“Pefect way to finish a 3 week holiday in Oz”

The Sebel Harbourside Kiama
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kiama
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bangor, Northern Ireland
“Pefect way to finish a 3 week holiday in Oz”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My son & I spent the last night of a 3 week trip home to Oz here. It was an absolutely perfect way to finish off a holiday and left me feeling reluctant to return to my adopted home in the UK. From the helpful check in staff to a fantastic huge room, to the perfectly cooked steak in the Blue Diamond Bistro, everything was superb. One tiny thing that stood out was the number of crackers served with the cheese board....as I said a tiny thing, but as a cheese lover, I find that I constantly have to ask for more crackers whenever I have a cheese board...not so here where there were plenty. Finally it is only a short delightful walk to the famous blowhole and if I'm lucky enough to be in t he area again, this hotel will be my first port of call

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2011

As soon as I walked through the doors I was given room key and had been booked in prior to my arrival. I did appreciate this as there was a group of us who had arrived by bus and we all had been up very early that morning.
The front desk staff were very helpful. My room 204 had a small balcony which overlooked a railway line and park. I went out on balcony early next morning and did not even know a train was passing at the time until I opened the door.
Great facilities for a conference.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed three nights here after our wedding in Wollongong. We were originally placed in a small room which was directly over the Carpark enterance but we were moved as the bed was not a King bed as requested (two singles velcroed together with a large fabric strip) The second room had the same style bed so we were moved to a Beautiful room overlooking the Courtyard and Kiama Harbour. This room was more of what I would expect of the Sebel Branding. The room was large and had a balcony; the Sebel Staff had kindly upgraded us to this room type after the problems we had had with the previous two rooms and also the fact that we had just been married. We were both greatful for the good outcome. The Buffet breakfast downstairs was very nice; the kitchen staff made us a special omlette on our last day which was also a nice touch. If you are looking to book; know to expect a small room with little or no view if you are paying the basic lead in room and also note that most of the beds are the two single velcro style (the velcro strip is very unformortable) Upon leaving the hotel we filled in a survey and the manager of operations kindly emailed us a few weeks later letting us know that upgrade of the beds was a hopefully planned for next year. Overall a really nice stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I recently had a weekend away alone at The Sebel Harbourside in Kiama and was thrilled with the attention to detail and the thoughtfulness of the staff. Every staff member I encountered was pleasant, efficient and professional. Everything I needed was just there. The buffet breakfast was sensational and the staff were superb. So joyful and helpful. Thank you to the staff at every level of the organisation. My bed was made perfectly, the bathroom gleaming, the food outstanding. What a great team...and it shows in the results.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We recently stayed at the Sebel Harbourside and found the stay enjoyable.

Check-in is quick and friendly and our room was clean and well maintained. Large flat-screen TV is a bonus. As others have said not many rooms have an ocean view so you may have to request one if you are expecting a view. We opted for the buffet breakfast extra and it's well worth it.

Plenty of good restaurants close by - we dined at Chachi's Italian Restaurant (Collins Street) - Beautiful and just around the corner!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My bf n I really loved the place and hotel... We spend a long weekend n enjoyed it...
The price n room is worth... Breakfast at 1871 restaurant n dinner at blue diamond restaurant was Perfect..
Just miss a shelf in the bathroom ...
Well done guys @ reception n restaurant !!! Very friendly ...
Ahhh the bed is very soft !!! Very nice...

• Stayed August 2011
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We have stayed at the Sebel quite a few times now. Up until our last visit the only 'fault' we could find was that instead of King beds they had 2 beds joined together. There were a number of occasions where we went somewhere else because in the back of our minds there was the clayton's King Bed. The separating ridge is not very friendly if you like to be two peas in a pod. BUT we are pleased to say that on our last visit we had a REAL King Bed! Now we can't think of a reason why we wouldn't return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ianb1951
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiama
Mercure Gerringong Resort
#3 of 11 in Kiama
Motel 617
Motel 617
#2 of 3 in Kiama

Been to The Sebel Harbourside Kiama? Share your experiences!