“Loads of fun!”
Review of Friendly Inn Hotel

Friendly Inn Hotel
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had a girls weekend in Kangaroo Valley, visited the Friendly Inn twice. A very warm & welcoming pub, mingled with the locals, enjoyed some food, musician was fab, overall a wonderful experience. Thanks for having us :)

There are newer reviews for Friendly Inn Hotel

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had a devine lunch and some drinks there - Service and atmosphere was friendly, very family orientated feel. The food was delicious and the pub was clean and interesting with the KV history that is evident throughout the rooms! Will definetly be back there soon! Thank you for a great afternoon in Kangaroo Valley!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I went here for lunch on our way back from the Southern Highlands.

Kangaroo Valley is a very pretty spot, with lush farm pastures and scenic sandstone cliffs everywhere you look.

The (so-called) Friendly Inn is a pub in the middle of Kangaroo Valley township. It has a great outlook and a big area out the back with great rural views.

Inside however is not so pretty....

The menu has a broad range of pub type food and we had no problem choosing something that we thought we would like. I paid with my credit card, only to find that a whopping 2% surcharge had been added to the bill.

When I queried this, the person who served me claimed not to know what the charge was for. When I asked if it was a credit card surcharge, he begrudgingly answered that it "probably was", but made no attempt to find out, and didn't seem to care one way or the other.

I checked, and there were no signs anywhere saying that there would be a credit card surcharge.

Drinks at this place are also expensive, with a small beer and mineral water costing over $10.

The food, when it arrived, had a small serving of overcooked fish and some very soggy salad that was nowhere near fresh. The accompanying chips were good.

To cap it off, our table and chairs were sticky from previous occupants. Overall it was not at all a pleasant environment.

We travel through Kangaroo Valley fairly regularly, but I doubt that we will return here for quite some time.

Dodgy food and dodgy service.......My recommendation is to go somewhere else.

1  Thank riverboatmike
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Called in here mid afternoon to await arrival of sister and brother in law with whom we were spending the weekend in the Valley. Wife and I sat at a table and I purchased a beer from a rather disinterested staff member who was more occupied in creating a bulk beer order than serving customers. We shortly moved outside as we felt that we were an imposition being there. When our Rels arrived they wanted a drink so we went back in. Same service standard - not really interested in the customers. However as soon as a "local" came in the staff were all smiles and "jolly good company". Its a pity because the place has potential. We could not fathom why the 2 rooms which had open fires were not in use (4pm on a winters day!l ) as it would have made the place a bit more inviting. I guess they really only care about the locals and "Put Up" with tourists. We had intended to have a meal there but decided that we would eat back at our accomodation rather than pay probably $100 for 4 of us to eat pub food and be ignored.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is one of those great traditional old aussie pubs with a real history in a beautiful setting. The food is always fresh, full of flavour with generous pub size servings. We always sit outside in the sunshine with gorgeous views over the mountains but there is also a lovely indoor firplace. After you have done lunch you have the Kangaroo Valley village to explore... we always visit the sweet store for some travel home goodies! Well done Friendly Inn we hope you never change!