“Feel absolutely relaxed and at home… but in paradise!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kangaroo Valley
Karralika Springs B&B Mountain Retreat
“Feel absolutely relaxed and at home… but in paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This has not been our first stay in Karralika, and it won't be the last one either! My partner booked a stay there to surprise me for my first 12 months in Australia, thinking that I'd like to get away from the city for a few days and enjoy the countryside and nature. I didn't just like it: I fell in love. I didn't know that you could find such a beautiful green place in NSW that looked more like the European or British countryside, but mixed with the most wonderful Australian, relaxed hospitality that I like so much. The hosts made us feel truly at home from the very first minute and we had such a great time that before we left we had booked our second stay. This one was longer and we managed to achieve something difficult to get when you are on a holiday: to feel at home. It sounds like a cliché ("a home away from home") but this is the only place where I've actually felt like this, because the place is set as a home (a very clean, comfortable home), the owners are a delightful couple with interesting and fun conversation, very down-to-earth and approachable, and the location is… Well, actually I wish my home had these views and this wonderful location. It is actually the home I wish for. Because of its location, where you just hear the birds and the breeze moving the leaves of the trees, you get true relaxation, connecting with nature instantly and feeling recharged! (As if the super comfy bed and the delicious home-cooked breakfast was not enough for this!) And, if you like animals, then it's paradise… Oh, I'll have a look at my diary and see when I can get my next break in Karralika!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Isa-Karthik

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nestled amongst the most tranquil setting in the gorgeous kangaroo valley countryside lies Karralika Springs bed and breakfast. With ample sized rooms affording high ceilings and extensive views of the beautiful country surrounds we were immediately made to feel at home by our hosts Harry and Christine - two of the most caring and accommodating people we have ever met.
Every morning we enjoyed freshly squeezed juice from the property orchard and a delicious hot cooked breakfast utilising locally sourced produce. Harry and Christine are remarkable hosts and. Axe our three night stay one we will always remember,
If our are looking for the perfect weekend escape in the valley and for relaxing, homely accommodation with a luxury yet approachable feel look no further than Karralika Springs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lucy_Claire_09
Brookvale, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Such a beautiful place to stay, we felt welcomed from the moment we arrived. The bed was very comfortable, the spa was divine and sitting on the balcony looking out over the valley while enjoying the wine and cheese platter that's included was so peaceful and relaxing. Just what the doctor ordered. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The main bedroom with ensuite is private and has spectacular views out over the valley.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chez7417
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Unfortunately this was not the B&B experience we hoped for. Whilst it is a stunning location, you feel like you are just staying in the owner’s house and intruding on their private space. You walk through the living room to go upstairs to the guest rooms and it felt quite awkward always walking through the family’s space where they would often be sitting. From the bedroom you could hear everything going on downstairs. The room we stayed in did not have an ensuite but rather the bathroom was down the hall. We were told this on booking but it was not clear that it was quite a way from the room and that other guests could request to use the spa in the bathroom, which was uncomfortable. For $220 per night I expected a lot more. On the positive side, the owners were very nice and the cheese plate in the evening was a nice touch. Overall though I would not recommend this B&B.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Crystal Creek Meadows Luxury Cottages & Spa Retreat
Mt Hay Retreat
Mt Hay Retreat
#1 of 8 in Berry

Been to Karralika Springs B&B Mountain Retreat? Share your experiences!