“Kookaburras, kangaroos &”

Melbourne, Australia
“Kookaburras, kangaroos &”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed at the resort for 2 days in Early March 2014

Enjoyed it immensley. Found the staff to be extremely helpful, the accomodation (2 bedroom unit with 2 bathrooms clean & bed comfortable.The golf course was challenging & I could not have completed the course without the cart.
Had dinner in the town. On the drive back to the resort, saw at least 5 wombats either on the road or one the side of the road. - so take the warning signs seriously.
All in all a fantastic couple of days.!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and myself stayed two nights in a one bedroom cabin and had a lovely relaxed weekend away. The view was just awesome from the deck of our cabin and we were very pleased with the interior of the cabin, the raked ceiling gave it a very spacious feeling and was very clean overall.The staff were very friendly and would like to mention how helpful Steven was at the time I made the booking over the phone initially and thereafter on our arrival.
The bed was comfortable but not so much the pillows.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Had our golf weekend here. The cabins are great for groups. We had multiple cabins. It would have been nice if they were closer together. The cabins were very clean and good for a few beers after golf and playing poker :)
Breakfast was self serve and reasonable. Nothing flashy and pretty much no service. This is only a bad thing if you expect that sort of treatment.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ubangy
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Recently stayed 2 nights for a wedding. Great golf and great location. Unfortunately our cabin wasn't. Dirty floor and carpet, a used towel was hanging behind the bathroom door, the dishcloth was badly stained, the blinds were old and ripped and there was a wasp nest in the loungeroom. We were charged more than we were quoted and when I sent an email to discuss our complaints we didn't even get a reply. Very bad customer service if you ask me.and a real shame because it is a top spot.

Room Tip: Don't stay in cabin 32.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank george2539
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Played golf a month ago in Perth with a friend and he told me how challenging and beautiful the golf course at Kangaroo Valley is. I had some spare time on a business trip and decided to take the two hour drive to the valley. What a beautiful entrance down the mountain and into the valley. Almost worth going just for that drive alone. As I was driving I thought how great and challenging the terrain was for a golf course, and I was not disappointed. No two holes are the same. I love my golf, but I could not have imagined some of the holes that we played. Unless you are a fitness fanatic, take a buggy. The greens were slow but true and standing on each tee brought a smile to your face, thinking what shall I do here?
The resort has a rustic charm and a few kilometres out from the resort was a shop selling the best pies in Australia, and they weren't bad either. The accomodation, no 28, was perfect. It had great views out over the golf course and a very comfortable bed. One of the best showers I have experienced as well.
Looking forward to coming back for a more substantial visit. The smiling face of Steve in the golf shop is a warm welcome.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clyde B
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I decided to visit kangaroo valley for her bday weekend on very short notice. From the time of enquiry to being setup in the most beautiful deluxe 2 bedroom lodge must have been 1 hour. Stephen, the general manager, was absolutely fantastic and very accommodating. He set us up perfectly and even helped us out with a good deal on 18 holes!' We and 3 other couples will be back within the next 2 months! I highly recommend the club for a weekend getaway with friends or a romantic escape from the city combined with an exceptional golf course! Thank you Stephen! You made our weekend!

See you soon!

Niel

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at the resort as we were attending a wedding locally, we stayed in a delux chalet and it was excellent. High on a hill great views over the course and valley. The Kangaroos we plentiful in the evenings and wombats too. Staying with my partner and 3 grown up daughters the 3 bathrooms were just great. As we were at events over the 3 days I id not get a chance to swing a club, but the course looked a treat and challenging with many raised greens on the hillsides.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Robertson
The Laurels B&B
The Laurels B&B
#2 of 9 in Kangaroo Valley

Been to Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort? Share your experiences!