“Golf Weekend- Better then expected”

Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kangaroo Valley
Sydney, Australia
“Golf Weekend- Better then expected”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Reading the other reviews I was a little sceptical about booking.
We have a group of 11 who travels twice a year to golf places around the country.
I am not sure where the other people stayed but we booked 4 large villas( no internal photos of these on website) . When we arrived the villas we booked were large very clean with modern fixtures , LCD tvs , airconditoners in main room and the bed rooms.The bathrooms were clean and large and the showers were great.The beds were comfortable my mattress was a little old but I am not staying at the Ritz and after a round and few quiet ones it was bliss.
The large balconies overlooked the golf course.
They were large with moden outdoor furniture and very relaxing.
The golf course itself was in excellent condition. We did play off the blue back markers and I must say with the elevated tees and greens and wicked dog legs, this was a excellent golf course for all handicaps. The greens had some variation in the speed but this a public course in a small town.
The breakfast was excellent with plenty of food.
The only down side was that the pro shop wasnt stocked very well so make sure you take plenty of balls,tees etc.
For under $350 per person for 2 rounds with carts, 2 nights accomodation with breakfast you could do a lot worse.

Room Tip: We did stay in villas 24,25,26, 28 - not sure what the others were like
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kingsley c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Batemans Bay, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2013

A little taste of heaven so close to home.....can't wait to go back!! This was my second weekend at the resort and by far not my last....the little cabin was so clean and well equipped.... the bed was sensational...and as for the view it was amazing!! The staff were so lovely and helpful and breakfast was delicious. We played two games of golf ...it's a great course to play!! Sitting on the verandah one night, watching a possum for nearly an hour made me realise how precious life is and what a perfect place this is for your health and well-being....can't wait to book our next holiday!!! A huge thank-you to Sam, Stephen and all the staff!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoanneTherese
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here due to a friend's wedding nearby. Oue cabin was well positioned with great views & was quite spacious for the three of us. It was mostly quite clean but it was obvious that no one had checked the room before we arrived. We were more fortunate than our friends whose unit had no hot water! I gather it could get very cold here in winter. Breakfast was included but again, it was very basic & could have been much better. Various items of food kept running out and it seemed a big issue to get any more or to get something replenished. For the money, this place needs to be a lot better with a greater attention to detail. I did enjoy the stay but I would not normally book a place with such a number of negative reviews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank iana4417
PmaloneyKVG, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Good Afternoon iana4417,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Kangaroo Valley Golf and Country Resort after your stay.

I am however very sorry that you did not have the stay you where wishing for.

Management - We have now had a change in management, this change has already started to improve the resort. Bringing old faces back and most importantly guests leaving with a positive attitude and feeling they want to return.

Housekeeping - We are now on top of housekeeping, each cabin and villa is getting cleaned with detail after each stay. This involves a lot more than a quick vacuum and clean compared to the poor detail that the cabins and villas had been receiving in the past. Each cabin and villa is being inspected before arrival of guests to make sure lights are turned on, air-conditioning is set and most importantly the place is nice and tidy, welcoming and fresh.

Water - This has been looked at and fixed. This again is something that is now getting inspected on a regular basis.

Breakfast - Midweek stays include a continental breakfast, this is taken to your room the day of arrival and each day after to ensure it is kept fresh. This includes cereal, fruit, toast, juice and milk. They are presented nicely in a basket lined with a white napkin. They look much better than previous breakfast packs.

Again I would like to apologise for your not so pleasant experience at Kangaroo Valley Golf and Country Resort but I can assure you we are now improving day by day. Change does not happen overnight but it can happen. All staff at the resort are working hard as a team to help make Kangaroo Valley Golf and Country Resort a much better place for everyone.

Kind Regards
KVGCR Team
Bermagui, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The 2 bedroom cabin we stayed in was generally of a very poor standard; the aircon didnt work, the bed needed replacing as it bowed in the middle, the carpets were worn and blinds were ripped, the TV was tiny and the speakers were blown. Maybe this place is fine for groups of golfers...in the short time we were there we saw men urinating on the golf course, idiots doing hand brake turns around the greens in golf buggies and the morning we checked out a group walked into breakfast drinking beers at 8am. All in all this place is very poorly managed, of a very inferior standard and grossly overpriced.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mark D
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is a horrible place and the manager is completely unreasonable. I would highly recommend that you DO NOT put yourself in a situation where you are hosted but completely disrespectful, management and disgusting treatment of customers. I had a booking at this resort and after reading several reviews here, I called the booking office to see if I could express my concerns about the common feedback about no heating. I'm going down to Kangaroo Valley in the middle of winter and the last thing I want is to freeze and based on the comments here, this is a common theme. After speaking with the receptionist and manager, who are completely rude and unreasonable, they did not make much effort to convince me it would be OK and I have been charged with a cancellation fee. I had provided them reasonable notice of my concern and wish to cancel within less than 24 hours of making the booking. This place is not concerned about customers, nor future customers and I not happy about the way my concerns had been addressed. I agree with the other reviews on this website...do not book at this resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ClareBear1983
Toronto
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this place. The 1 bedroom cabin was quite comfortable and certainly large enough for the 2 of us, and it had all the expected amenities (except for a missing hair dryer). The golf course was very playable and in quite good shape. But overall this "resort" is nothing special.

Unfortunately, the location is a problem. It's very pretty coming into the valley but the town doesn't have too much to offer. There is only one grocery store and it's selection is thin, so we should have bought our supplies before we came here. They want $10 to use a BBQ so we decided to skip that (couldn't get very good meat at the grocery anyway).

It rained a lot while we were here so there was very little to do other than sit in the cabin, reading a book, and waiting for it to clear.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The views and country side are superb. However, the rooms are basic and the heating very poor which made it difficult with two children. My gripe with this accommodation is that we originally were going to book online for $230 plus $40 for the kids per night. We decided to call the resort to ensure the room could accommodate the two children and the person asked if we would like to our book over the phone, which we did. The person didn't tell us that by booking over phone would be $315 per night - we found this out when checked out and unfortunately we had paid before we found out - basically the guy on the front desk said too bad. This ruined the hole weekend for me and my wife for which was already an expensive long weekend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Links House
Links House
#1 of 9 in Bowral
Crystal Creek Meadows Luxury Cottages & Spa Retreat

Been to Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Resort? Share your experiences!