“First time at a B&B and loved it”
Review of Tall Trees

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kangaroo Valley
Tall Trees
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was booked to work in the Kangaroo Valley and the B&B was booked by my employer. I have never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before so didn't know what to expect. On arrival the the beautiful property Shaye warmly welcomed us and showed us to our room, actually both rooms were free and she allowed us to chose which one we preferred. There are two decent sized rooms both with bathroom and a large shared living room with books, fireplace, fridge etc. There was also a television in the room and a lounge and we used this for relaxation. Shaye gave us our breakfast card to fill out for breakfast the next day and then pretty much left us to out own devices but offered assistance at any time we needed. The breakfast sounded too good to be true so we were excited for the next day. The property is very close to the main street with restaurants and the local pub which serves food 5 till 8pm. The area is beautiful. We needed to have internet access and with Optus we had no problems at all. I had a very peaceful sleep. There is a breakfast room which overlooks the beautiful gardens and when we came out of the room in the morning it was set for breakfast. This breakfast is one of the best I have EVER had - I travel for work so am used to hotel/restaurant breakfasts and this surpassed them ALL. We left for the drive back to Sydney very full and after a lovely long chat with Shaye. You will feel at home at this B&B. The website is a great representation of exactly what you will get. Shaye is a great host.

Room Tip: Check the website for details
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
shaye1961, Owner at Tall Trees, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Hi - thanks so much for your review and I would like to say it was a pleasure having you both here and to be so appreciated and for taking the time to write on here. I hope to see you back again, and I'll maybe see you in the skies sometime. And I looked at your website, amazing, all the best, shaye

There are newer reviews for Tall Trees

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Spent a very pleasant weekend away with my girlfriend here in December 2012. Stayed in the treehouse. The room is very clean and comfortable. Moderately-sized. Personal touches with obvious attention to detail in the room were very welcome. Being a converted storage room above a car garage, the room has a little bit of a 'better homes and gardens'-budget-home-makeover feel, rather than genuine luxury. There was some noise at night from the fridge and road traffic. Despite this, I found the room perfectly comfortable and inviting (and personally was a big fan of the faux-leopard skin bedspread)! I think this is a very good 3 1/2 star room transformed by the five-star service from the host, Shaye. She was very accomodating and approachable yet never imposed unduly at any time during our stay. Would certainly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
shaye1961, Owner at Tall Trees, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Hi Hitch2011

Thank you for your nice comments and glad you enjoyed your stay here at Tall Trees B & B, it was a pleasure to have you stay and I try my best to provide the best service that I can and it is always greatly appreciated when people take the time to compliment this so thank you again.

I would just like to clarify for future guests that you arn't staying in a coverted storeroom. The treehouse was purposely built as a self contained unit, with a balcony - there is no garage below only a storeroom which has a rollerdoor so easily mistaken as a garage so no noise will be heard from an engine. The treehouse is as advertised on the website - a themed african room and has been decorated as such and has always been one of our most popular and rebooked rooms. Our location being only a minutes drive from the centre of the village and being situated on the main Moss Vale Road there is traffic noise but this drops to a minimum at night. To get total silence accomodation needs to be booked outside of the village itself.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

my friend and I stayed in the Garden stuido which whilst small had everything we needed. I found the price very reasonable in comparison to other accomodation in the area with similar or less features. Shaye was an excellent host, we arrived late which was not a problem for her, unfortunately for us all the restaurants were closed and there was no where to get dinner so we ate out breakfast supplies for dinner. Shaye happily offered to replenish any food we needed for breakfasts the next two days since we had eaten it for dinner. I would definitely recommend the Garden Studio as the best for couples, it is the most private and you can cook your own breakfast. the fire place is a really nice touch which Shaye had light for us everyday. it is within comfortable walking distance of Kangaroo Valley town (even after a few glasses of wine and a big meal). all in all a good stay

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank Philip and Meli... M
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Spent two nights after terrible rain storms and cold weather spell, greeted by Shaye who was very friendly and helpful, the room was delightful and a lovely open fire very appealing due to the cold, anything we wanted she was only to happy to accommodate, hopefully we can return one day soon

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We spent the long weekend in the Garden Studio and we cannot recommend it highly enough!
The Garden Studio is separate from the house, and we had our own little garden with a swing! The room itself is very well set out, with a roaring fire place (lit before we arrived so it was nice and warm), a TV/DVD player (and DVD's to borrow from the guest lounge in the house), a little kitchen with a very well stocked fridge with breakfast supplies (bacon, eggs, mushrooms, sausages, tomato and bread to toast...as well as orange juice and tea/coffee making supplies). The Bed was wonderfully comfortable, and the bathroom was super clean with a huge 2 person spa bath! It was so quiet here...we didn't here a peep from anyone! We had such a wonderful time here, and Shaye (owner) was lovely and extremely helpful! We will be back for another fabulously relaxing weekend!!

Room Tip: Garden Studio is private and wonderful!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is a lovely b&b perfect for kangaroo valley
The breakfast wasn't the best and the rooms are very small but the gardens are lovely
If you could hire out both rooms it would make a great place to stay for a family or two couples as you would have exclusive use of the lounge
Enjoy

Stayed: March 2012
shaye1961, Owner at Tall Trees, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

I am sorry you were disappointed with the breakfast, if I had been made aware of this at the time we could have established the problem and rectified it for you. All breakfasts are freshly cooked to order and a choice of different options are available. The breakfasts I provide are one of the most positively commented on points that I receive from guests, so I would have been very grateful to have received your thoughts at the time, and would still like to hear directly where you felt I failed in this area.

With regards to the rooms, although not enormous and as large as say a motel/hotel room, I would not say that they are very small, they are of a decent and pretty standard bedroom size and about the average size you would find in a B & B. The shower rooms I would agree are small but again for a B & B pretty standard. We do have our self contained units which are larger with double spa bathrooms.

Both rooms can be and are regularly booked out by two couples travelling together, making it more of a self contained area.

As with all small business owners I work extremely hard to try and ensure that guests are happy with their stay and that I provide the best service that I can so it is extremely helpful if guests provide me with direct feedback at the time so we can rectify any problems and make your stay an enjoyable one, we cannot achieve this if not made aware of any problems until reading them on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

After travelling down the 'Grand Pacific Drive' - brilliant views - and a very winding narrow road down into Kangaroo Valley we arrived at tall trees. Instead of doing B&B we took one of the self contained units with a kitchenette and were met with a fridge full of food for our breakfasts. So much food that we did not use it all. Excellent four poster bed, luxury bathroom & spa. All in great countryside. Shay could not do enough to ensure we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Wombatalla Guesthouse
Wombatalla Guesthouse
#3 of 9 in Kangaroo Valley
Crystal Creek Meadows Luxury Cottages & Spa Retreat

Been to Tall Trees? Share your experiences!