“Cosy motel in a small country town with great wheelchair access”
Review of The Crossing Motel

The Crossing Motel
The Crossing Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Junee
Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
“Cosy motel in a small country town with great wheelchair access”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hi, my family and I stayed at the Crossing Motel over this past weekend (15th and 16th February 2013), and I must say the management were friendly. Our son even sat and had breakfast with one of them on Saturday morning. Next let's get to the room, as I am in a wheelchair, their wheelchair accessible room is one of the best I have ever stayed in... fairly spacious for my chair to get around.. huge bed for my wife and I... really well set out bathroom with heaps of grab rails, and the most ingenious idea I saw was they had put the fridge up on one of the bench tops... to make it easier to reach when sitting in your chair!! Thanks Crossing Motel :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Andrew H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Seriously would have to be one of the worse motels that I have stayed in, and I have to stay in quite a few.
This motel quite clearly caters for the railway workers and has no interest in the general public. Should have read the reviews before I stayed.
The 24 noise restriction is a joke!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank somuchtravellin
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I only stayed 1 night but it was enough for me to always stay here again. Very clean, great hostess/cook. The food for dinner and breakfast was all local produce and was very good. Not a big menu but very good quality. No complaints what so ever.

Room Tip: I would think that all the rooms would be equal
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Carlingford, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Been staying at this motel once a month for several years now. Management are fantastic and the rooms are great. Always feels like I am visiting friends not staying in a motel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deb E
Sydney
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I had read reviews on this motel before we stayed and I wasn't too sure if I had picked the right motel. Well, I soon relaxed when my husband and I were given a warm welcome on arrival. Our room was very clean and a lot of thought had gone into guest provisions included the "real" milk that was put in our fridge everyday. This is a central motel to everything in Junee and I would definitely stay here again. Checking in and out was trouble-free. The only thing I could fault a little was the quality of toilet paper but I guess if that is all I could fault, well that's only a small problem.

Room Tip: We were in room 10 on the bottom floor and would book that room again
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Denise H
Victoria
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have stayed at this motel on a number of occasions and have always found the staff to be excellent, the rooms are clean, the location is in walking distance to restaurants etc. Last stay we had a number of family members in the same motel, we all caught up with a drink at the end of the day outside our rooms and didn't have any issues with the noise levels. Will always stay here when in the region.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Snickers74
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Upon arriving in Junee, we drove around looking for accommodation and there didn't appear to be a real lot of choice and to us the outside appearance of this motel looked like the best option. It was clean, comfortable and we slept well. It had all we needed and the owner was really pleasant and we'd sum it up as a good, country motel. We didn't have an issue with observing quietness as previous reviewers have mentioned. Being loud and noisy isn't behaving responsibly anyway. The motel is situated within walking distance to the town centre, railway station and shopping. There are plenty of pubs around but not a lot of other dining options. We didn't eat at the motel restaurant preferring our usual choice of seeking out the local club which in this case was the RSL Club. It was less than a 5 minute drive away and the Chinese menu was delicious! We didn't have a problem with this motel and if in Junee again, would stay here. One thing I do agree about with a previous reviewer is the shower gel/shampoo alternative to soap. I don't like the idea of washing my hair and body with the same product and prefer soap and luckily I had some in my toiletry bag to use. Also the "louvred bar doors" separating the kitchen area from the bedroom are very dated and out of style with the rest of the room and besides, they get in the way when moving about. All in all we'd recommend this motel and stay here again.

Room Tip: The owner offered us a quiet room at the end as we were a couple of tired travellers.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ForeverYoung50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Junee
Quality Inn Carriage House
#1 of 5 in Junee
Junee Tourist Park
Junee Tourist Park
#1 of 1 in Junee

Been to The Crossing Motel? Share your experiences!