“Licorice and Chocolate plus the shop upstairs”

Junee Licorice & Chocolate Factory
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Junee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Junee Licorice & Chocolate Factory is open 7 days a week, everyday except Christmas Day, 9am-4pm. Take a tour through our historic landmark, originally the Junee Flour Mill, built in 1935. Tours run every hour on the hour. Starting at 10am and concluding at 3pm. For the more adventurous guests there is freckle or rocky road making. This is where visitors are able to have a “hands on experience” with our Organic Belgium couverture chocolate and make their own chocolate freckle or creation of rocky road. With a beautiful cafe and gourmet lunches available.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Licorice and Chocolate plus the shop upstairs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The whole building is in need of some TLC but the chocolate and Licorice provided an interesting interlude and the upstairs shop is not to be missed, it carries an esoteric collection that has to be seen to be believed.
Definitely worth seeing.

Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“If you like Licorice black or raspberry and chocolate its a must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Converted flour mill houses the factory, great to listen to the history of the place taste the products before purchase. So many products to choose from... I like the Raspberry licorice the best...

Ganmain Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We Keep Coming Back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I first visted the factory in 2008 with my son who was visiting from Canberra and did the tour and of course bought some goodies. Each time he visits we visit to top up our chocolate & licorice supplies, for lunch and a browse at the gift shop.
When my son introduced my husband & I to his new girlfriend, it was at the Junee Chocolate & Licorice Factory for lunch the on to our home in Ganmain. And of course we bought more chocolate and licorice.
Today my husband are once again off to the J C & L F for lunch to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary, and of course to replensh supplies.
I Just can't keep away from the place. The quality of their products and food is excellent!!!!!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Janelle H
OrganicLicorice, Owner at Junee Licorice & Chocolate Factory, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you. Hope to see you again soon!
Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went to Junee for a day trip and this was my highlight of day. We took the $4 guided tour (which included samples) and it was very informative and fun. Learning about the products and the history of the factory was great. The Products are of amazing quality and are reasonably priced. If you're going to Junee, A trip here is a must!

Canberra, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Definitely worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very friendly staff. Let me keep my motorbike gear behind the front counter. Tours of the factory are very cheap and let you have a taste of the licorice and chocolate at the end. Are also quite informative and interesting. The milk chocolate coated raspberry flavoured licorice was surprisingly tasty and popular. Make sure you get a box for the road home.