“NEVER ever again!”

Hawng Khrua Thai Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We chose Thai over a good old fashioned RSL meal thinking it would perhaps be more upmarket. The staff messed up our order and then confronted and questioned our integrity when we bought it to their attention in such a forceful and rude manner that we rolled over and accepted our fate. One prawn per soup goal, chilli far too hot - more like eating dirty dishwater with toenails floating atop - never again - Our main meal was a similar disappointment - far too small but this time no taste at all, no authentic thai flavour - I would not recommend this place ever!.

1  Thank Julie W

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I am a very strict vegan and I find it difficult at the best of times to get a fresh value for money vegan meal. I was sceptical at first but was pleasantly suprised. It is australian run and therefore it was very easy to explain the no meat no meat stock no egg no oyster shrimp or fish sauce as well as dairy in the meal. They were only too happy to cater to my every need. Marion the owner served us and she was lovely. The meal came along after a short wait and it was great. I had tofu and vegies done with chilli and basil on a soy base. Would definately recommend as the best choice in the area

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The food was fresh and tasty and had just the right amount of flavour and spice and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

The food was so in coming and they got the order wrong. After waiting for over forty minutes for our correct order of our entries to arrive, we gave up and went to the counter. We were treated very rudely and even told that it was out fault about the orders being stuffed up. THE LOCALS DONT EAT HERE!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The title says it all, I love Thai food because it's fresh, exciting, sometimes spicy and always full of a variety of flavours and textures, but this was farang thai, a westerners version with tough pork and the sort of stir fry I could do myself.

1  Thank Peter Y