“Beautiful food , great service, lovely setting”

The Waterhouse Jervis Bay
Ranked #19 of 32 Restaurants in Huskisson
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
south coast
“Beautiful food , great service, lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Members of our family had been to the Waterhouse and loved it so we thought we would try it. We had a friendly greeting on arrival and shown to our table. Service was great throughout. I tried the scallop for the first time ever and it was beautiful, so tender and flavoursome. Pork Belly starter was just as good. I had salmon with crispy skin for the main and it was cooked to perfection, best I have ever tasted. The chicken was delicious as well. We were very happy with the servings and too full to have dessert but were tempted. Our compliments to the chef, we will definitely recommend and come back as well. Thanks.

• Visited February 2014

Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
“Great food outside appearance not so inviting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Rated highly by Tripadviser so we headed down there for our last meal in Huskisson after a 6 day break. Rather taken aback by the ordinary exterior - plastic marquee not at all inviting. However, not to be deterred we headed in - busy for a Thursday evening but no problem getting a table and very quickly had menus and water.
Ordered the special chicken and my partner the salmon with a side rocket pinenut and parmesan salad. Great meal and reasonable prices. Good wine list by the glass. Long wait for the bill but overall a great find in this touristy town.

• Visited February 2014
“Restaurant Full So Had A Bar Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Really nice food. The restaurant was full and we would have had to wait for 90 mins for a table. Asked if bar was full and there was space.
Nice ambience in the bar, quite contemporary and a relaxed feel.
Food was a lamb and houmous, salt and pepper squid, kids chicken ( proper unbreaded chicken), and pizzas. Also had a side of thrice cooked chips which were more like wedges. Overall the best meal we've had in Huskisson and would come back if we return here.

Melbourne, Australia
“Really enjoyed quality food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Ate here with my other half and enjoyed all 3 courses. I had two tasters instead of an entree - scallop was outstanding while pork belly would have benefited from crispier skin. M had duck salad; duck was really flavorful. Main of lamb backstrap with eggplant and tabbouleh - tabbouleh was divine while the lamb was tender, if only delicately flavoured. Bone-in roast chicken breast was juicy and we'll-cooked, with well-selected accompaniments. Affogato for dessert was delicious!

Courses are not large, but I think great value. Ate at the pub the previous night, paid about the same per main, but actually couldn't eat more than a third of my meal, it was so bad. So, very good value at waterhouse. Wine list is quite extensive and interesting, but some people may fine the choice of 4 main courses plus one special a bit limiting...

Sydney, Australia
“Not so good...wont be going back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Not a fan of this restaurant at all. My husband and I were holidaying in Vincentia last week and decided to try this restaurant for our anniversary dinner on the evening of 2 January 2014. I reserved a table for 8pm and upon arriving a little late (around 8.20pm) I was informed that it didn't matter we were late because our "'table still hadn't been set anyway." I tried to call the restaurant numerous times before arriving to advise we were running late and no one answered the phone. After we were seated at the table, we ordered some drinks and a glass of water and it took 20 minutes for a glass of water to arrive at the table. We had to follow up our drinks order and when our drinks finally arrived, I was served wine in a tumbler glass that looked fit for a toddler. The tables surrounding us where served wine in a stemmed wine glass. When I ordered a second glass of wine, I asked the waitress if she would mind serving it in a wine glass and I was informed they had run out and she would see what she would do. When my second glass of wine arrived at the table, I was again served in the same glass.....no explanation or apology offered by the waitress as to why it had been so difficult to locate a wine glass and accommodate my simple request. At this stage, the table next to me had not even had their order taken (they arrived before us) and the gentleman had to get up and find a waitress to take his order. My dinner......a half chicken breast on a bit of wilted spinach, a few fried mushrooms and two asparagus stalks for $31...????? Pretty average and hugely overpriced for what I was served. After our mains....my husband and I were so annoyed with the whole dinner experience that we declined dessert and left to go and get an ice-cream for dessert up the road instead! When my husband paid, the waitress attempted to add her own tip to our bill which my husband had to remove from the bill before paying ....

• Visited January 2014