“Very disappointing”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were expecting much greater things from our experience, for the price we paid. When I asked what produce came from Milton (as stated in the menu), the waitress had to go and ask. She came back saying "local produce". When we asked (same girl) for oyster shots as an extra, we were told that we could not as we had to be at the bar for these (even though on the menu it stated that these could be ordered as extras to a banquet, which we had) Had a table right near kitchen (even though we were booked) we had to put up with service people constantly rushing past our chairs. Then the food- it was all fairly ordinary.We ordered banquet B. Beef cheeks very fatty, calamari too sweet. Fish curry was the best and very nice. Nothing special at all, especially the entres and most of all dessert. Ordered the lime tart and it was just the ordinary everyday variety that you get at the local café. I actually found this to be disgraceful. When you are paying these huge prices, I expect something special and not exactly what I can get down the road at the local café. We met friends from Sydney at the restaurant and they were equally unimpressed

2  Thank goghy

Reviewed September 19, 2013

There were 16 of us so a banquet was the obvious choice. We chose banquet B and we weren't disappointed. The beef cheeks were amazing. The perch and calamari dishes were plentiful but so delicious we all wanted more. The service was attentive but not intrusive which allowed us the catch up time we all wanted for our class reunion. I look forward to my next visit to try some of the other dishes.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had banquet A and B and the food was nice but we felt not worth the price. The beef cheek was however exceptional. Service was good but very hard to have a conversation with the background music so high in a room that wasn't conducive to noise.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to me by the owner of the Two Figs Winery. The name is the same as another Asian fusion restaurant in Seattle that in love so I had to try it. I drove down from Berry just to eat at this restaurant and I wasn't disappointed. The food was excellent and unique in both the selection of dishes and the presentation. I ordered the Banquet A (a planned menu for one). I am a fan of seafood and this dish had several different types of delicious seafood. The staff was polite but they weren't particularly friendly or talkative. The bartenders were overly distracted by a few friends sitting at the bar but they got the job done. The place had a warm, minimalist decor and looked clean and well maintained, except for the men's room which was out of soap.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Delicious food. Menu offers sufficient choice with a la carte and banquet options. Well presented. Pleasantly suprised by portion sizes. Chilli eggplant squid and tempura prawns with asian dipping sauce and the pear martini were the favourites of the evening. Great service. Great value. Great atmosphere.