“did not meet expectations”
Review of Wild Ginger

Wild Ginger
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Huskisson
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2012

we were told this restaurant was award winning, regrettably it was a big disappointment. The temperature in the restaurant was very cold. I had to keep my scarf on and other patrons kept their jackets on.The restaurant was clearly understaffed (we were there on a Thursday night 2 weeks ago)and the food sat under heating lamps longer than it should have (we sat right by the kitchen). Not the waitress's fault(who was very pleasant) as she was busy,eventually the kitchen staff delivered some of the meals.The roasted tomato and coriander soup (as a main course) with fresh crabmeat was so spicy I could not eat it after the 2nd spoonful.The menu did not reflect at all this soup was spicy, and it would have been nice to have been given an option of how spicy. I watched my husband finish his main course which was delicious, and eventually got up and asked for the bill.It was disappointing the staff did not notice my main meal had been left untouched (again not the waitress's fault). I got a pizza from the local pizza place down the street to take back to the B&B we were staying at as I was starving.To their credit,when asked for feedback at the time of paying the bill, my meal was taken off the bill.

2  Thank Erika S
There are newer reviews for Wild Ginger

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Great food and cocktails- excellent chefs - great atmosphere!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We went to wild ginger because we read good thing about it but found it very desappointing.Spring rolls were too many times wrapped and still raw in the inside and im not sure the diping sauce was home made.The smoked trout was served in baby gem and not betel leaf but tasted good.Thee perch was moist but very sweet and the squids far to soft.The wine was good but we had to wait a while before to get it even with 2tables in the restaurant.

1  Thank maioute
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Do keep in mind that the choice is not great in Huskisson, this is the best of them all. Food was good, in particular the beef cheeks. Service was a bit of a nightmare as they appeared to be short staffed due to the long Easter weekend. They should also learn to smile even I've they were under the pump. Decor is done on the cheap and it isn't cheap either, mains pushing $40

1  Thank ChilliLOUNGE
Reviewed April 7, 2012

The booking I made wasn't on the list. No table for 2 available, sat at table between two groups.
35 mins before our order was taken. 45 mins, still no wine had arrived, told they had sold out of the wine we had requested. The wine came and it was poor.
The oysters were very poorly shucked, horrible salty sauce. service was shocking, was it a teenager's first attempt at waitressing?
Over an hour later 2 mains arrived. The squid was good, no knife to cut it with, the pork was very sweet.
$128 = over priced for average food and really actually poor service. Take away fish and chips over the road is a much better option.
Would not recommend, will not go back.

1  Thank bellandmaholo