“just not very good”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“just not very good”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

The booking I made wasn't on the list. No table for 2 available, sat at table between two groups.
35 mins before our order was taken. 45 mins, still no wine had arrived, told they had sold out of the wine we had requested. The wine came and it was poor.
The oysters were very poorly shucked, horrible salty sauce. service was shocking, was it a teenager's first attempt at waitressing?
Over an hour later 2 mains arrived. The squid was good, no knife to cut it with, the pork was very sweet.
$128 = over priced for average food and really actually poor service. Take away fish and chips over the road is a much better option.
Would not recommend, will not go back.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank bellandmaholo

Parkes, Australia
“Second visit just as great!”
Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

The boy and I returned to Husky and Wildginger and were again impressed by the the fantastic food! Such fresh and spicey flavours. Yum yum!

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sydney food in a country town”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

we were recommend this new establishment in huskisson by very fussy foodie friends and to this moment I am still thinking about my meal at wildginger...it was fully booked on a thursday night (outside of peak season) so we were glad to have booked for the six of us...firstly the owners deserve credit for turning that old building into a funky stylish establishment..My whole meal was up there with any flavours that I have eaten at higher profile restaurants..(we were told the chef/owner use to work for david thompson at sailors thai)you could tell straight away that this was true....from the braised beef cheeks to the dlicate pork belly + trout betel leaves this place is going places...well done and lucky locals..we will definately return!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank jeff c
Sydney, Australia
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This is a sensational new restaurant in Husky offering a modern and relaxed dining experience. I am a local and I dont venture to the restaurants too much but this one is by far the best I have been to (I am yet to try Sea Grass which is owned by the same ppl as Wild Ginger).
The menu is modern gourmet thai. I sampled the group menu which is great value..the squid was amazing however all dishes were lovely.
This place also has a great vibe, love the little wine/cocktail bar. A really great addition to husky and I will be back :-)

• Visited January 2012
Parkes, Australia
“Perfect New Years Eve Dinner”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This past New Years Eve the boy and I landed in Huskisson and booked dinner at Wild Ginger hours before eating in the early seating. The meal and the service was great. It was Thai inspired, fresh and flavoursome. The staff were friendly and helpful. In fact everyone we came across in the town was a credit. It is great to see good customer service is not a lost art. Beautiful place, great restaurant!!

• Visited December 2011