“Worst shower ever”

Oceanside Hawks Nest Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hawks Nest
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Title speaks for itself, the room we stayed in had the 'worst' shower in history; could not get the temperature right, quite dangerous for children as it could scald them. The heat would drop out and then be freezing.
The plug for the sink didn't fit.
The smallest chopping board I have ever seen for a family room.
The pool was great, kids loved the slip n slide into the water. Rooms probably need renovating however we don't mind as we have young children.

Room Tip: Think room 109 would have a better outlook than the one we were in.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Glenda W

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have just returned from 4 nights staying at the Oceanside Motel with a toddler and 2 month old. The location is great, we walked/scootered to Tea Gardens one day and had a look around the galleries and cafes there. We loved Jimmy's beach which was a short drive or walk from the motel, it felt more like the tropics than a 3 hour drive north of Sydney and there was hardly anyone there. We saw dolphins and also chanced upon some local fishermen hauling in their catch right off the beach.
The pool at the motel was perfect for us, it was heated and the toddler pool had plenty of shade, the main pool had a water slide which the older kids were enjoying, it never got too busy even though we were there in peak season.
We ate at the onsite restaurant with the kids a few times and the food was excellent.
We had a 2 bedroom unit which had a kitchenette, the rooms were clean, adequate size and quiet.
A very enjoyable stay and would recommend it to families and we will definitely return.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a spa room which was nice size with good aircon and quite comfortable. We had a balcony but the view was just of the three toothers across the road at the Van park. The restaurant was average with the care factor you would expect from gen Y teens as waiters. There is a little Chinese restaurant 300m up the road which was much better value for money and friendly efficient service.
We had a good 2 days in Hawks Nest but would try somewhere else to stay next time.

Average.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Lethal1962
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I travel about forty (40) weeks of the year for business purposes. My initial visit here, about two (2) years ago, was a business trip. Since then I have stayed here with my family on three (3) further occasions for three (3) and four (4) days breaks; the last being this month. Fantastic beach nearby; Hawks Nest Golf Club about four hundred (400) metres away (a short walk); bar and restaurant facilities within the premises plus other eateries nearby; and "nothing was too much trouble" for both Staff and Management! In fact, since my initial visit, my family and I have established a very good rapport with both Margaret and Paul, who have catered to any of our requests: firmed arrangements for rounds of golf; extra towels and pillows; out of the norm discussions and directions to nearby sightseeing venues; and on one occasion, displayed extra care and attention to my very elderly mother who we had to leave there alone for a number of hours whilst we had to attend to a small family matter. Obviously this is not the Waldorf Astoria, but is a very clean comfortable hotel, perhaps "a little tired" but in a niche location, managed by Staff with exceptionally high customer service standards; thankyou Margaret and Paul, we will certainly return.

Room Tip: Close the sliding glass doors of an evening should the salt air/surf noise from the nearby beach be...
3  Thank Peter T
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My family and I were traveling up from Sydney to the Gold Coast, we left after my husband finished work, there was a lot of traffic on the road, we decided to turn off the highway to stay the night and continue driving the next day. We stayed in a two bedroom room at oceanside which was a reasonable price and perfect for the night. When we left the next day the kids saw the water slide in the pool and were not happy they couldn't go on it! We will defiantly keep this place in mind next time we are traveling.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank NicksD2018
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Being our third time at Oceanside Hawksnest my family and I stayed for Xmas. Since my last trip there was a new waterside. My kids were in the heated pool all day and LOVED the water slide! The staff were lovely and the rooms were immaculate. We went to Tea Gardens one day and went on the Dolphin Cruise which was lovely! The beach at Hawksnest is great for kids with its crystal water and calm waves. My kids watched a movie most nights from the restaurant!

Oceanside is my family's favourite holiday destination!

Room Tip: Family rooms are great!
2  Thank Jess C
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Oceanside was recommended by a friend. We had a great family holiday. We hired some bike and road to tea gardens, spent a day on the beach, took a ferry to Nelson's bay and the pool water slide was a hit with our kids. BBQ facilities kept the holiday cheep. Took a 2 bedroom motel room, kids loved the bunk beds and DVD hire from the restaurant. We will defiantly be back.

1  Thank Kate B
#1 of 2 in Hawks Nest
Oaks Pacific Blue Resort
Oaks Pacific Blue Resort
#1 of 1 in Salamander Bay

Been to Oceanside Hawks Nest Motel? Share your experiences!