“Great spot for a quiet beer”
Review of Family Hotel

Family Hotel
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Gundagai
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were in town for the night and settled into this little gem to watch the footy. Very friendly bar staff (special mention to Kelly) and polite, well-mannered clientele who we had quite a few drinks with.
Good times at Lott's Family Hotel.

1  Thank hailsfromHighton
There are newer reviews for Family Hotel

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great food, excellent service, and the friendliest pub on the planet. Has been ,my local for the last 3 years and now that I am travelling I miss the great times we had there. If you are looking for a relaxed nice drink and a good meal in comfort, don't pass Lotts. See you when I am back down that way guys x

2  Thank Vee151
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I love quaint country towns and it saddens me that the introduction of bypasses mean that small towns see less traffic and business suffers. Lott's Family Hotel is one of those lovely old places that I'm sure used to be the main stopping point for hungry families on their way between Melbourne and Sydney.
Now it's a charming pub for locals and the occasional, stray visitor who wants something more than drive-through or Pringles. The locals obviously flock here on a warm night to sit in the beer garden, amongst the trees and bathing in the late evening sun.
However (with a capital "H") the Family Hotel may have eyes far too big for its stomach. Our experience changed gradually from comfort to concern, then finally to incredulity as meals took over an hour and a quarter to arrive. Too many customers had beset an undermanned kitchen, which resulted in great delays and grumpy guests. Staff, of course, were little help.
Adding insult to injury was the output. The lesser of two evils was an overcooked schnitzel, paired with a medium-rare steak that was edible, but no less than well-done. But by virtue of our order we were lucky not to be told, after 75 minutes, that what we had ordered was now out of stock and a replacement (with accompanying delay) was required.
A (very) long story short, this could be a delightful reason to venture off the highway and enjoy rural hospitality in a wonderful, open air setting. Instead it was a regrettable visit that will leave us ware when taking such jaunts next time.

7  Thank JoeCooper
Reviewed December 10, 2013

i love my food so was not disapointed with the food at this country pub. who presented not a typical pub meals but one of excellent quality & quantity.
my family of 5 loved it. we called into this hotel back in winter but failed to comment on it then. the winter soups on offer are to die for...... far supperior to what we get in sydney. you have got us.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

A good honest meal with good beer and a good choice of wine. I had the T Bone and my wife had the eye fillet. I scored twice 'cause she couldn't finish her steak. The weather was nice enough for us to sit out in the beer garden, where there were a couple of smokers :( I would prefer to see a dedicated area for the smokers but other than that it was a great choice.