“Don't listen to the whingers”
Review of Grenfell Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grenfell
Grenfell Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grenfell
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We booked in to Grenfell Motel despite all the negative reviews. We booked 6 rooms and arrived expecting something terrible, but were very pleasantly surprised.
Yes, the place is old but it as also very clean. Sheets, carpet, curtains, bathroom were all clean.
The mattresses did not sag, they were very comfortable.
The owner allowed us to use the kitchen to cook our own breakfast and to use the motel dining room to eat in
I have stayed in many hotels all over Australia and the world and can honestly say there is nothing wrong with Grenfell Hotel. So what if there is no Wi Fi ..... you don't need to spend your whole life on-line .. read abook or go for a walk !!!
If you take the time to have a chat to the owner you can learn a lot about country life.
Those who are complaining about this hotel need to put their thoughts into perspective.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Annette L
There are newer reviews for Grenfell Motel

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This would have to be the worst place I've ever stayed. Unfortunately it's the only Motel in Grenfell and due to lack of competition the owners can charge what they want, and unfortunately don't appear to have spent a cent on the place since 1970. The room was $85, about as small as a single Ibis Budget room and is way out of date. The only form of heating was a tiny little oil heater which took about 10 hours to do anything. For a while I was using the toaster to get a bit warm. The bed was hard and the pillows only about an inch thick.

The worst thing was the shower. After a hard day I came back looking forward to a hot shower and it would seem other guests had the same idea. When a handful of people are trying to shower there is absolutely no water pressure. All I got was a luke warm drizzle. Had to wait around dirty for an hour and a half until there was hot water.

The parking space for my room was marked under a clothes line which my car only cleared by an inch. The room was poorly serviced between nights. Bin not emptied, used cups not replaced etc

On a positive note the place appeared reasonably clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have 24 reviews, and most of my reviews are positive, and I consider myself fair, but my advice for this motel is don't stay there, stay at a bed & breakfast or other alternative. The beds are very poor and old, and sag terribly. The lamp light on the wall fell on my wife, and I was charged in the end $ 15 extra for a 3&1/2 year old and 6 month old baby, so I ended up paying $ 115 , $ 30 extra for a family room, double and 2 singles which was small, and run down. This hotel needs a refurbishement, at least new beds ? This rate is typical of a family room in a much bigger town, and much better location. Only consider staying there if you a single, and there is no other alternative. The only positive thing I can say, is its in the main street and you can walk to the supermarket and newspaper shop.

Room Tip: dont choose the family room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

first time review, long time reader. As a travelling sales person in which I cater to most rural towns of 2000-5000 population I am use to staying in small town motels. My expectations are not high however some mod-cons are expected. The Grenfell Motel would have to be in the bottom 2 motels I've stayed in. Although the owner means well, it seems quite clear that this motel lacks a bit of TLC.

My room was incredibly small...and the bathroom was even older. The aircon system is about 30 years old and barely heated the room. I was advised that I was not allowed to use the phone in the bedroom as it costs the motel to much money. When I said "dont you just bill the charges to my credit card" she than changed her answer to say that the phones wernt working.

I needed immediate washing done and asked if I could use the washing machine. She was happy to lend me the keys but I was under strict instructions not to use the dryer. I told her once again "just bill the charges to my card, I need my shirt cleaned asap" and once again I was told no.

The young guy there in his 30s or 40s was very helpful and friendly with directions etc

No wifi internet either and room was not cleaned and towel not replaced the next day. I eventually checked out and relocated to cowra.

in a nutshell, if your just stopping by for the night its perfect! however its not ideal for travelling work people who need a decent room with wifi access and new towels daily.

Room Tip: working in grenfell - book a room in cowra. its onyly 30 mins away. this motel is ideal for one nigh...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rob w
Reviewed March 31, 2013

When I walked into my room at the Grenfell Motel it was like coming to my Nanna's for a holiday. The period dressing table that served as a desk had gorgeous hand embroidered doilies under the glass top and a Regency striped stool to sit on. The small cane table and chairs provided featured a lovely starched white doiley and a cut glass bowl and this is the only motel room I've ever been in that has a mat in the bathroom with a matching toilet mat. Oh so my Nan!

The Paris themed bed linen matched the coffee mugs and the microwave, jug and toaster provided were welcome. There was a complimentary bottle of water in the mini fridge and the TV and air con were working and easy to operate. The queen bed was very comfortable and featured a pair of cream woolen blankets - the last time I slept under blankets was years ago at my Mum's.

Everything was neat, clean and tidy. The colour co-ordinated towels were large, soft and fluffy and the shower rose provided a lovely volume of hot water - so often the new water-saving heads are mean spirited, but not in Grenfell!

I felt instantly at home in this room - yes, it's a step back into a previous generation but this doesn't mean it can't be appreciated for what it is. Grenfell is an historic Australian country town with a fascinating main street, great bakery, super friendly residents and good value cafes.

I would not hesitate to stay there again, in fact I'll look forward to it.

Room Tip: A queen suite costs more - $95 - this is what I had. Worth the extra. Any room would be ok - it'...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Lesley S
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Usually stay at this motel once or twice a year and the standard just continues to be great for a motel in a small rural town - all the friendliness and charm of the country from the owners and staff. Good prices for the quality of the rooms and service

Room Tip: No rooms appear any better than the other - all good quality country rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Tom B
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Owner was great old lady.. Sheets, bed, bathroom all need replacing. But was stay able ....

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank Bukartilla

Been to Grenfell Motel? Share your experiences!