“Room for improvement.”
Review of Monti's Ashore

Monti's Ashore
Ranked #89 of 131 Restaurants in Gosford
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Monti's seems to still be stuck in the '90's. No EFTPOS for starters. Was disappointed to see the shop was resurrected after the fire with what seem like very little change to the interior and facade. Very poor excuse for an indoor dining area. Set in a prime location yet fails to impress. Very overpriced for food that isn't always satisfactory. Poor organisation and management skills displayed when a large group order totalling $92 is given priority over a $10 chip order. Definitely avoid if on a time limit!

1  Thank Kiwil22

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Boxing Day and all the Italian pizza places were shut so fish and chips seemed the only choice. The staff were friendly enough and food was fast and efficiently served. I ordered the barramundi battered at $11, but was irritated to find it was only farmed barra after having spent less for delicious wild caught barra in Wollongong a week earlier. There were no salad options or homemade tartare (Kraft tartare) so it was a rather limited choice for a fish and chips shop. The food was a decent size with healthy slice of lemon and lime, and we were full after the meal. It was prepared well, chips were good so it was disappointing that the fish was so average. I have eaten worse but for the pretense of the shop front and prices I would have expected better quality.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I love my fish and chips and always get it when I'm at the coast. I had heard a lot of good things about this place so I was keen to check it out.
We had calimari, chips, potato cakes and fish bits.
The chips were great and crunchy. The calimari was the best bit, fresh and tasty. The potato cakes were very average.
They only have tiny sauce packets that don't go very far. The pack didn't come with the tartare sauce that it was supposed to have. I went and asked for it and the lady whom packed our order debt believe me when I said it wasn't in there. She wasn't very nice and it seemed like a lot of effort for her to give me another tiny packet of tartare sauce.
The younger staff were very nice. The older lady didn't want to be there obviously.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great food, fair pricing & an awesome view, would recomend to families as there is a great picnic area opposite!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

If in Gosford, we always try and fit in a visit to this place. The fish and chips taste great and with a lovely park outside, with water views, it is well located. They could probably do more to improve their own seating, inside and out, especially with shade & shelter.