“A pub with accommodation”
Review of Hotel Gosford

Hotel Gosford
Ranked #1 of 4 Gosford B&B and Inns
Adelaide, South Australia
“A pub with accommodation”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights over Easter. we did not know there was an A league football match scheduled for the weekend but that did not bother us much, except we could not get a seat at dinner that night.
The hotel prides itself on its 1920s decor which is fine for the accommodation part (the lift is a treat) but it stops there. You could be in any pub when it comes to the dining area.
The hotel is situated on the corner of two main streets. Our room was in the back so noise was not an issue. If you had one of the front rooms with a balcony it may be.
Our room was small, too small for the gear we had. The cupboard was a short one and too small for the clothes we needed to hang. When you opened the door it hit the bed end and you had to push to get it fully opened. The bar fridge poked out from the wall and had to be negotiated around to get past the bed. The bed was a double which was all that could realistically fit in the room, being a 1920s building. We had an en suite with shower, toilet and very small hand basin. The room had no fly screens so mosquitoes were a problem. There was a ceiling fan but no air conditioning. The room was serviced daily.
When we arrived we directed by signs to the bar area where we were given a key and left to our devices. As I said this is a pub with accommodation. No where did we see any concession to people in wheel chairs and one afternoon while we were having a beer in the dining room we saw an older lady struggling with her luggage to get the heavy double doors open so she could come in. My husband helped her with that.
This is a pub with accommodation, handy for the football stadium, just about across the road from the railway station and across the road is the Imperial Centre for shopping. There is a residents only car park behind the hotel with a boom gate to limit parking for hotel guests.
I guess it was an OK stay but the focus of the business is a pub with accommodation so take that as you will.

Room Tip: If you are off average height and build the rooms are OK. Select one at the back to avoid noise. N...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Blue Mountains, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Fantastic central location, helpful staff, good value for clean and well appointed rooms. Not clear of wi-fi is available which would be a plus. Complimentary real coffee is a nice touch in the morning and breakie in bistro is very good. Its an ideal location and rates for A-League football fans who have travelled to Gosford from around Australia for games at Blue Tongue Stadium vs the Mariners. If you have time to spare, a bus trip (routes 67 and 68) to coast at Terrigal is a great sightseeing option.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PabloBSydney
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed down here for a 2 day course I was completing on the central coast. I wasn't able to afford much so selected this pub due to price and managed to get a room with ensuite. Before I checked in, I sorted paperwork with my course reps who were locals, which had me worried about my booking once I told them where I was staying.

I now need to say how relieved and surprised I was at this hotel. I had no issues with the room, and it was spacious and clean. Being so close to the train station I was worried about noise. I was a couple of floors up and heard nothing all night. I love that there was lit, off-street parking. The hotel itself has been restored and the interior is lovely. Loved the old elevator with brass sliding door. Lots of charm and character in this pub, and it was quiet for the Friday and Saturday nights that I stayed. Room itself had everything you would expect in a normal hotel. Great value. Good ensuite, but it was handy to use shared facilities to use the loo when the ensure was occupied by the other half.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Staff are very friendly, room was neat and clean, u couldn't really get a better location cause its right across from the train station and made life very easy, we ate In there restaurant and the food was great, I will be staying there again

• Stayed March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just a short walk from the train station, a convenient and clean place to stay. The pubs a good place for a drink and a feed and i didn't hear any noise from it from the room on the third floor. Great Value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Don't come expecting a 4-5 star stay and you will love it. It was fairly quiet, especially for a Saturday night. The room was extremely small but that is all I wanted.
Staff were friendly and food is decent enough. Room and toilets were clean.
If I had to complain about something, the TV didn't work and no AirCon... but I have no problem recommending this place to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
melbourne
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great location as a short walk to the station - as we only needed an overnight stay to attend a function it was ideal: very reasonably priced , staff friendly & most obliging - good breakfast & good coffee, comfortable bed
Room was very small but not an issue for a brief stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gosford
Ibis Budget Gosford
Gosford Palms Motor Inn
Galaxy Motel
Galaxy Motel
#2 of 5 in Gosford

Been to Hotel Gosford? Share your experiences!