“Nice motel for a stopover.”
Review of Bucketts Way Motel

Bucketts Way Motel
Bucketts Way Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gloucester
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed at the Bucketts Way Motel. The check in process was easy. I was a bit sad when I realised the menu on the website for the restaurant was no longer current. It is now Thai. I didn't eat there but it was very busy at dinner time. We stayed here for the raw challenge and it definitely suited out purpose which was just an overnight stay before travelling home. It has perfect tea and coffee facilities as well as a toaster, iron and extra pillows. The only thing I would comment on is the tiles in bathroom probably need a scrub. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Manda H

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Had dinner here on Saturday night. Compliments to the Chef as the Thai menu was really enjoyable. The owner on the other hand is a jerk and has no idea how to treat customers. He tried to palm off a partly used can of coke which was flat, when we requested the rest of the can he argued and proceeded to big note himself telling stories about what he has done for the Gloucester Community. As a local business owner I can guarnatee you my family wouldv'e have known about all the wonderful things this man claims to have done for the community.
He made such a big deal about the situation in front of the other customers, he has shocking customer relation skills we will not be returning and i am sure others will do the same once they realise what his service & attitude is like. It's a shame as the Chef did a great job and the young waitress who served us was pleasant and very accomodating.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Debba2014
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The best motel in town
The Owner Andy is a great bloke
Good food me and my girl enjoyed staying here, great location
will come back again If l'm around that area
only bad Buckkets way road was crap went over 4 potholes in my C63 and damaged my wheel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ibby187
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Ok, I have stayed here a lot over the years as a semi regular visitor to Gloucester and I can concur with other reviewers in that the rooms and room maintenance could be better. But at the end of the day it's OK for a night or two as it's well located. On my most recent visit I had booked the room but had to change and technically was within the 24hr cancellation policy so shouldn't have got a refund and had to rebook, however upon ringing and explaining the circumstances they allowed me to transfer the booking to the following night, which was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed for one night. Unfriendly Receptionist and staff. below average food, very basic rooms, dirty stain on pillow slip obviously not washed. Pool area was filthy with table and chairs obviously never cleaned. Wine glasses in room would only measure a tablespoon. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank charliePortMacquarie
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Travelling as a group of motorcyclists along the Bucketts Way we arrived very hot and thirsty - luckily the Bucketts Way Motel has a pool and all the rooms are air-conditioned. We took advantage of the room plus evening meal package - which was great value. The entire group had a comfortable night, except maybe for 1 couple who had an air-conditioner stuck on 17C - forced them to hug a lot closer that night!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I used to stay at this motel before the current owners and before it was over priced. I recently stayed at one of the villas and my experience with the staff was the worst I have encountered in my travels. I was told the address of the villas which are inconveniently located near none of Gloucester's attractions. After searching the back streets for 45 minutes and asking quite a few locals I found out that the given address didn't even exist. When discussing this with the owner I was asked "do you even speak English?" which was ironic seeing as he didn't understand what I was saying due to him being Indian.
The villa I booked was for four workmen and I was told would have two doubles and two singles. The villa in fact had two singles and one double, which didn't suit four tradesmen. When discussing this I was offered another villa which had been occupied for a week but hadn't been cleaned yet. I declined. We ended up having to book a room at the pub for one person which worked out more expensive and the owner wasn't willing to compensate and reacted very rudely.
I've recently stayed at the motel run by the golf course and for a cheaper price the rooms are much better. I could only recommend this and certainly not recommend the Bucketts Way Motel.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank samuelpickering
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Gloucester Country Lodge Motel
#2 of 7 in Gloucester
The Great Escape Lofts
The Great Escape Lofts
#3 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Bucketts Way Motel? Share your experiences!