Bellachara is a refreshingly welcome break from the cheap and nasty motels that dot the south coast.
Bellachara is not located on the beach however it is an easy 10 minute walk. We had a balcony room and the view to the mountains and across Gerringong towards the ocean was lovely. We also faced the main road however noise was never a problem. Even when we sat with our door open. The room was very large and even when we looked at their basic garden rooms so were they. There was a king size bed and large L shaped sofa. There was also a very large plasma, full fridge and kitchenette. I was very impressed overall.
There were 2 pools - the main one is absolutely stunning and has ample deck chairs and lounges. The adults only pool at the back of the resort is very nice but pales in comparison to the main pool and probably with a bit of extra love could be a beautiful garden lined oasis.
We had treatments at the day spa. They were very reasonably priced and both the therapists were professional and very good.
We also ate in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. The selection of entrees was not fantastic as the flavours were quite elaborate but that said the food tasted very nice. The mains were senstational and cooked to perfection, as were our desserts.
The breakfast buffet was also very nicely done although the pastries were a little stale. Again, everything else was cooked to perfection and there was a nice selection of hot dishes, fruits, cereals, pastries, juices, teas, etc. It would have been nice however to see on offer poached or fried eggs made to order. If this is available it was not offered.
Overall I would happily reccommend Bellachara. The staff are friendly, rooms are large, well appointed and spotless, food excellent and amenties very good. We would happily return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Gerringong, only 2 hours south of Sydney on the NSW south coast & 5 minutes from the beach. With 52 king rooms, an award winning restaurant, an indulgent day spa, 2 swimming pools, tennis court, a sun drenched garden courtyard & a kids play area... for holidays, events, conferences & weddings. Created to offer guests a personal experience... with views overlooking the hinterland, across protected wetlands & back to the sea. Enjoy the local charm of Gerringong, the Illawarra & the Shoalhaven where you’ll find golf, boutique wineries, scenic attractions, coastal walks, rainforests, recreation theme parks, kids attractions, fantastic shopping in many boutiques & the weekend markets…..so much to see & do ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Gerringong Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Gerringong By The Sea Hotel Gerringong
- Bellachara Boutique Gerringong