Park Ridge Retreat(Gerringong)(Great Value!)
$98
Motel 617(Kiama)
$79
$69
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
The Sebel Harbourside Kiama(Kiama)(Great Value!)
$171
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssouth coastadult poolmovie channelscoffee tableshort drivebuffet breakfastbalcony roomhotel restaurantchar restaurantthe room was niceking bedseven mile beachtown centrepoolsspacourttennis
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Mecure for our wedding anniversary.
The room was spacious and clean and the amenities excellent however the " by the sea" is a little euphemistic . The hotel is unfortunately situated between the main highway and the main road that leads into Gerringong . The sea can be seen from the upstairs rooms but if you open the sliding balcony doors it is noisy.
In addition there is almost no soundproofing between the rooms and hence although the family next door considerately kept their television down low, it, and their conversation, could be clearly heard up to 2am when they switched it off. Hence no doubt the reason why the external walls of the hotel are covered with " please be very quiet after 9pm and before 9am signs".
Overall we thought it was " average" for what we paid through 'wotif" but we would have been very disappointed if we had paid the full asking price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2013

As Accor members thought we would advantage ourselves of the benefit of eating there but would have been happy to go there it it's own right.

Great service, reasonably varied menu selection, interesting decor and comfortable seats.

We had exceptional meals for all three courses on both evenings. Not sure what was the best highlight as enjoyed all our meals and the surprise of the Friday night entertainment. Also impressed how well they coped with the chaos of the weather that had a wedding reception relocated there before their normal evening meal times. The wedding guests seemed appreciative, the Restaraunt guests understanding and the staff very professional in how they handled everyone.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed November 24, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. I didn't have to pay as I was there for a work function when group of about 12 of us stayed at this hotel, after we had attended a work function for approx 75 people in the restaurant.
The rooms are spacious and quite clean, although I had a small cockroach in my bathroom in the morning. The function was well catered, the food was delicious. I found it hard to sleep with a thunderstorm (obviously not the fault of the hotel), but the TV from the room next door was a bit disturbing. I didn't participate in the breakfast on offer. The pool looked good, but did not have time to try it out, and it was raining. The hotel was quite a distance from anything of note. Not sure if I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business