The staff were friendly and the room was reasonably appointed although a bit on the shabby side.
The bed was a bit too hard for my liking and the leather lounge was not at all comfortable. The arm even fell off when I leaned on it.
The rooms are quite spacious with a good TV. The cleaning left a lot to be desired with dust on just about every surface (see photo).
The title of the property (Mercure Resort Gerringong by the Sea) is misleading as the sea is quite some distance away. I would rename it "Mercure Resort Gerringong by the Swampy Paddock across the Road".
A plus is that it is very peaceful and quiet. Would I stay here again......maybe, if I got a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Gerringong, only 2 hours south of Sydney on the NSW south coast & 5 minutes from the beach. With 52 king rooms, an award winning restaurant, an indulgent day spa, 2 swimming pools, tennis court, a sun drenched garden courtyard & a kids play area... for holidays, events, conferences & weddings. Created to offer guests a personal experience... with views overlooking the hinterland, across protected wetlands & back to the sea. Enjoy the local charm of Gerringong, the Illawarra & the Shoalhaven where you’ll find golf, boutique wineries, scenic attractions, coastal walks, rainforests, recreation theme parks, kids attractions, fantastic shopping in many boutiques & the weekend markets…..so much to see & do ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Gerringong Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Gerringong By The Sea Hotel Gerringong
- Bellachara Boutique Gerringong