Visiting the resort, I found all the stairwells did not have any lighting when using the stairs at night.
It would be safer if their were lights in all stairwells. I could not see properly when going down the stairs and due to the wet weather the stairs were slippery and dark. I nearly slipped.
View from rooms is overlooking a swamp, marsh, wetlands not the sea. Disappointing and feel it is overpriced for the location. Wear your walking shoes if you want to go to the beach. Take a backpack. It is overpriced for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Gerringong, only 2 hours south of Sydney on the NSW south coast & 5 minutes from the beach. With 52 king rooms, an award winning restaurant, an indulgent day spa, 2 swimming pools, tennis court, a sun drenched garden courtyard & a kids play area... for holidays, events, conferences & weddings. Created to offer guests a personal experience... with views overlooking the hinterland, across protected wetlands & back to the sea. Enjoy the local charm of Gerringong, the Illawarra & the Shoalhaven where you’ll find golf, boutique wineries, scenic attractions, coastal walks, rainforests, recreation theme parks, kids attractions, fantastic shopping in many boutiques & the weekend markets…..so much to see & do ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Gerringong Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Gerringong By The Sea Hotel Gerringong
- Bellachara Boutique Gerringong