Park Ridge Retreat(Gerringong)(Great Value!)
$110
$87
Priceline
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssouth coastadult poolmovie channelscoffee tableshort drivetennis courtsbuffet breakfastchar restaurantbalcony roomhotel restaurantthe room was niceking bedseven mile beachtown centrepoolsspabella
Reviewed December 9, 2011

It was a mistake to stay here. $325 a night is a significant expense for an overrated motel. Perhaps once glorious, Mercure have grabbed control and sadly this has become a famly resort. I guess this is what Mercure is good at. Expect no money to be spent, as this is likely to be run down to the level other Mercure proerties are....tired!

Kids had taken over every dining experience making us decide to dine elsewhere, plus quite frankly a better meal and experience.

The venue is very noisy and we were woken several times by drunken revellers. Mentioning this to staff achieved nothing but a blank expression.

For $325/night I expected considerably better

I would not recommend this if you were a couple looking a special getaway.

1  Thank Jhn718
Michael E, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2011

Dear Jhn718
Thank you for your review following a recent stay at Mercure Resort Gerringong.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet expectations on this occasion. Our mandate under Accor Hotels, and indeed within the Mercure brand is to provide good facilities to all of our customers and guests, whether they are families or couples.

The owners of this property, although having owned this hotel since 2006, have only recently regained operational control, and have appointed Accor Hotels as managers. A capital expenditure plan for improvements to the property (signage, landscaping, walkways, restaurant etc) is underway, but you will appreciate that this all takes time to implement.

I am sorry that you had a restless night, but please note that we have staff on hand who can take action of noise complaints

Again, thank you for your review. I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mercure Resort Gerringong.

Regards
Michael Eggers

Reviewed November 29, 2011

We were lucky enough to be recommended to Mercure Resort Gerringong by friends who stay on a regular basis for business. I have passed through Gerringong on many occasions and stayed in Kiama but this gorgeous boutique hotel is a real treat. The grounds and gardens are beautifully maintained on the drive in and the reception area is full of 'old world charm'. (I want those wing backed chairs!!!). The staff were amazing - I have travelled extensively and not come across such friendly staff from the receptionist to the restaurant that cannot do enough for you to the housekeeper you pass in the corridor. Our rooms were 5 star. Beautiful decor, lovely tranquil outlook, amazing big tub for 2. You could really escape here! We asked about families (thinking of bringing the kids) and were surprised to know that the rooms can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children using a sofa bed. The family pool was gorgeous and we were lucky enough to have warm weather. We spent hours lounging by the pool before heading off to the dayspa - wow - again I've visited many dayspa's but the one at Mercure is of a really high standard. Beautifully decorated - you feel a bit like royalty after all the pampering. We enjoyed lovely sandwiches and a glass of champagne overlooking the mountains after our treatments. Dinner in the lovely restaurant was great. The staff were welcoming and had reserved a lovely private table for us being our anniversary (nice to know that the little things are picked up in conversation when making the booking). The food was out of this world - only negative - too many choices on the menu!! We loved our stay at Mercure Resort and whilst we understand it has only just been taken over by new owners and management we could not fault the service. We will definitely be recommending your hotel and will be back with the family for future holidays (and the occasional trip on our own when we can get it!!).

3  Thank Fran C
Michael E, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Dear FranC
I was delighted to read your comments regarding a recent stay at Mercure Resort Gerringong, and thank you for taking the time to post details regarding all aspects of your experience.

I have copied these comments and forwarded to all departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Resort Gerringong.

Regards
MIchael Eggers

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Having just returned from an overnight stay I could not believe earlier negative reviews. We found everything to be a very high standard, the room was immaculate, the staff both in the restaurant and reception were very friendly and efficient and the food was delicious. There was a Thursday night special of two courses for $49.95 making it very good value. The setting both inside and out is delightful although we could not take advantage of the pools because of the weather.

1  Thank Liz K
Michael E, General Manager at Mercure Gerringong Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear LizK
Thank you for your review of a recent stay at Mercure Resort Gerringong. I am glad your experience was a pleasant one.
I will forward your comments onto both our Restaurant & Reception Staff.
Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon (Hopefully with sunnier weather, so you can enjoy the pools).
Kind regards
Michael Eggers

Reviewed November 9, 2011

In the months leading up to my wedding (which we had booked to be held at this hotel), we had attended the premises on a number of occasions, eating in the restaurant and staying over night. The hotel grounds are always kept neat and tidy, and staff are alway accomodating and more than helpful. The rooms are stunning, very large and spacious. Decor of rooms is stunning - only hope that it is not changed under the new management. The restaurant has a gorgeous atmosphere, and the food is absolutely divine. I highly recommend High Teas on Saturdays. We have turned our wedding into a weekend getaway, where all of our guests will be staying for the three days because the hotel is so fantastic. Not to mention that the location of the hotel is situated in one of the most gorgeous and quaint south coast towns. I cant beleive reading the reviews below that others have had negative experiences, because this has not been the case over the last eighteen months that I have been visiting the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NIkkiRG
Reviewed November 5, 2011

As noted, recently taken over by Accor. Service very helpful and friendly - front desk are great. Buffet breakfast is good. Rooms are large, but not well insulated - in spite of signs requesting guests be quiet before and after 9, the clattering of heels and volume of passing conversations was very audible.

• Stayed: November 2011