“great food great views”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“great food great views”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind service. Loved the vegetarian optional menu, especially the home made linguine with mushrooms. We will definitely visit again.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Gen G

Sydney, Australia
“Great food, fantastic views over Werri Beach”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a great find in Gerringong. I only had afternoon tea, 2 days in a row over the weekend. Pistachio Pannacotta, with warm fig, syrup and Goats milk iceceram and coffee. This desert was so good I went back the next day!!!! Very nice menu which I hope to try the next time I am in the area. The view is superb over Werri Beach. Tastefully decorated, very warm and inviting staff. Plenty of parking to the rear of the building.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Kathryn B
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Bombo wreck”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

went there first on the 26th of Feb @ around 20.45 but got turned away as they just closing due to the lack of customers.
Went there again on the 13th of March (with a booking)
The food was just outstanding rivaling the best Tetsuya / Garragisters etc.We had the grazing menu for $65 per person what was a fair price, 5 stars for food.
The ambiance of the restaurant is a little lacking but it has got a stunning view of Werri beach.
Service was not intrusive and the waitress had full knowledge of all dishes
Wine is also BYO .
I think it is a must to visit this restaurant if you appreciate good food.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank stcvb
Wollongong
“Wouldn't go back.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We went here for dinner last night (9/3) with a group of 8.
First of all we were left standing at the entrance for a couple of minutes without any acknowledgement from any staff.
When we were finally seated there was no smile and no apology.
When we ordered the wine, the waitress said "you only want one bottle?" (Wine) 3 times. I explained that 2 of us were pregnant and wouldn't be drinking and that we were all drinking the same so would order more when needed, she walked away with raised eyebrows.
So then it came time to order meals...3 of us ordered the blue eyed cod for main before she remembers to tell us that it had "sold out" a few minutes ago (on a Saturday night at 7.30? With only a dozen other people in the restaurant? On the menu, not a special.)
So we all decide what we are going to order as a second choice.
So we sit there, probably been about 35-40min now and u realise that everyone else that is seated after us has bread to munch on. Needless to say we don't.
So I go and ask if we can get some and she says "yes, it's complimentary" and looks at me, cue awkward pause, so I say "well, that's nice, can we have some then?" And she says"yes".
Right, well that's good.
Out comes the bread a couple of mins later. (Nice roll too, warm and fluffy and soft- almost worth waiting for).
The entrees were very nice, the whole table was happy with theirs, I had the pork belly with lobster, it was lovely.
Now the mains....sigh! I wanted to like it, I'm really not a whinger but I do love my food, my husband and I love going out and love supporting local restaurants.
So, the mains. I had the lamb with anchovies, it was quite hard to eat the whole dish as it was extremely salty, there was olives, anchovies and a really salty smoked eggplant sauce on there. By the end of the dish I felt like having a gallon of water. 2 others also ordered it and said the same as well. The lamb itself was a nice cut but was barely cooked, I know lamb should be served pink but it was blue through most of it. I don't mind lamb cooked like that but the others didn't finish theirs because of it.(at least it was consistently cooked blue.)
Also just a minor point, but one I thought was bad because of the price you pay- the olives on the plate weren't those giant yummy expensive olives you get from delis that are marinated in oil, these were the kalamata brine soaked ones in a jar you get from woollies, hence the salt.
My husband had the steak pie, he disliked it, I don't know if it was over cooked or meant to be like that but the pie crust was really hard and dry, not a flake to be seen.
The steak pieces were well cooked and the butter(?)that went with it was sensational.
The dessert was ok, definitely not the best I've had but not the worst either.
So, to sum up-
Would I go back? Based on the service and food for value, no.
Would I recommend it? No
Did I enjoy it a little? A little, to be honest it was a couples 10th wedding anniversary and we were shouting them, they love eating out and I was a little embarrassed to have taken them there.
If this restaurant wants to put almost Sydney prices on the menu then they need to up their game a lot before they'll ever get me back.
I give this restaurant a 2 out of 5. There were some minor good things but the bad out-weighed them.

Sydney, Australia
“Awesome food and friendly service”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Outstanding food and the staff are friendly and very attentive. A must to eat in picturesque
Gerringong