“Three great days at Mossgrove”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dorrigo
Mossgrove Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Dorrigo B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We booked three nights with John and Sue over the new year holiday to use them as a base for exploring New England. We were not disappointed! It was a great delight from our arrival to when we left. They could not have been more helpful when we arrived exhausted, later had a puncture, wanted to explore nearby and needed advice on how to get to the car hire office in Coffs. We felt really at home but also able to enjoy time by ourselves. An outstanding place to stay, highly recommended. Judy Cambridge UK

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Many thanks to the owners for making us feel so welcome for our entire stay. Even the dog (Jessie) was very friendly and this does add some homely country charm to the stay.

Very lovely gardens surround the house, which the owners are obviously quite passionate about. Good pot of tea and cake upon arrival which was homemade (coffee available to the coffee drinkers out there).

Excellent facilities, fridge, sink, washing machine, dryer, kitchenette, tea and coffee. Comfortable and well presented rooms.

The only thing I did have trouble with is locating the correct driveway to enter, I drove past it the first time and saw the little sign on the fence as I was driving past.

To sum up, this is everything you would want a country B&B to be.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I can only agree with other guest reviews. Everything from the spacious grounds to the comfortably appointed rooms was all you could expect and hope for.
Dorrigo is a pretty little town with lots of great bushwalks and lovely eateries. Mossgrove B&B is the "icing on the cake"! Breakfast is delicious and the location being only 8kms from town is ideal.Sue and John are the perfect hosts and along with their dog Jess made me feel very welcome.There will be return visits.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had two peaceful nights at Mossgrove. Beautiful setting, and there is everything you need in the cosy rooms. John and Sue are very accommodating, and made us feel at home straight away. They were also terrific with our two year old, taking him to see the chooks and cows. I recommend the 'house special' for breakfast' :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2013

After two night we left feeling so relaxed!! Gardens are sensational, my wife was in her element and I even got applauded for my choice of Mossgrove!! Breakfast was superb, house spotlessly clean, we will be returning!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you want somewhere quiet and relaxing for some R&R then this is the place to go. This is my second morning sitting on my private verandah looking at the gorgeous gardens and listening to the birds who no doubt will come down shortly to visit the birdbath just nearby. Have seen whip birds for the first time ever and the cheeky satin bower birds are delightful. From the moment I arrived, Sue and John, and Jessie the border collie, have been the most gracious hosts and have gone out of their way to make my stay pleasurable. I was given tea and the most scrumptious cake on arrival and last night was an olive oil tasting from their own olive grove. Sue even lit the fire on the first night (although it really wasn't quite cold enough for one) just for the ambiance and because I like fires.
The furnishings in your own private wing of the house are top notch and very comfortable - I even slept in this morning which is a rare thing. Lots of DVDs and CDs if that takes your fancy. It's also only a short distance to Dorrigo National Park with it's stunning views and walks, and the town itself is quaint with several interesting cafes plus an antiques shop where you could spend hours browsing.
I'll be sorry to leave and hope to return in cooler weather when I can legitimately sit in front of the fire. Thank you Sue and John for all the attention to detail and thought that have made my stay so perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
SueEDorrigo, Owner at Mossgrove Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Hi Alison,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and were able to get some well earned R & R. I must say there is something special about sitting in front of a fire (even when it wasn't exactly cold)!!!. Some guests don't even venture outside very often when it is cold as they say they never get to enjoy the comforts of a wood fire.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review and look forward to you returning one day.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We only had one night here but it allowed us to recharge our batteries.Everything was perfect ,the accommodation was second to none,the breakfast was superb and the area was great to explore.

The hosts have perfected the art of being very welcoming and informative and then letting you have time to enjoy the beauty of their home in peace.
Only wish we had more time to linger there.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mossgrove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!