“pleasant, comfortable stay”
Review of Acacia Motor Lodge

Acacia Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Coonabarabran
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Motor lodge composed of some distributed buildings as well as the main one. We had a room in a building across the road from the reception building which was a two bedroom suite. Rooms were large and clean with crisp sheets and an up-market décor (i.e. not the usual motel florals and patterned carpet). Bathroom with small bath and shower cabinet, plus adequate clean towels. Warmed things up with the air-conditioners. Not much highway noise this far back from the road, although there was some noise from the next room’s air conditioner after we turned ours off. The restaurant, which looked like it had a good menu, was closed on the Monday night not leaving much choice in town. We went next door to the Golden Dragon Chinese after some difficulty in getting door of room to lock. Beds relatively comfortable and we slept well. Breakfast in morning, included in price, was continental with white/wholemeal toast or raisin toast, cereal (muesli, wheatbix or cornflakes) and peaches or stewed plums. They would also do a hot breakfast made to order (for extra).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rdf88
There are newer reviews for Acacia Motor Lodge

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our family of five stayed en-route between Brisbane and Melbourne. We had adjoining rooms, three children in one room, my wife and I in the other. The rooms were spacious and clean and comfortable. WiFi was available. Continental breakfast was excellent and it satisfied all members of the family. The room was well positioned in relation to the highway and I did not hear one single vehicle. Service was efficient and friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending Acacia and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Greg G
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at this motel twice in late 2011 with a different experience each time. First off let me say that this is a nice coutry motel, the rooms are extremely big and staff are welcoming and friendly.

The first time I stayed in one of the larger Spa rooms by myself, as this was all they had left available when I booked.Great big room, infact, positively huge if a little dated aesthetically. It was, I thought, quite reasonably priced too, at around $125 for the night.

The second time I stayed, I was travelling with my father and had the regular twin room. Again quite large, but also quite basic and strangely it was nearer $160 for the room this time, although a continental breakfast in the restaurant was included, which was quite nice. For mine, this tarriff was perhaps a little over the odds but as it was late and Coonabarrabran IS a popular stopover point, perhaps I drew a short straw?

All in all, if you get a reasonable tarriff this is a nice roomy country motel that makes a handy stopover, however there are cheaper and just as comfortable one-nighters in Coona, if that's all you're after.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank FiFoGeo
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Was surprised by the size of the room, could have fit two ordinary motel rooms in there. Even the bathroom was massive. Very clean and comfortable. Reception was very friendly and ordered room service meal from restaurant which was of a very high quality. Possible slightly expensive but you get a lot of room for your buck! No problems recommending this establishment and will definately stay again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2012

.we had a spa room ...room sizes are good ....I really could not find anything to complain about ....
staff were all friendly ....and I would stay here again...

Room Tip: We had a Spa room ...and we were happy with these rooms
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My partner & I stayed at this motel for a night over the Easter break & was a bit disappointed. According to the website the std rate was $130 but I was charged $150. I think the room was still being renovated because the smoke alarm had not been fitted & there was a step ladder in the middle of the room when we arrived & although it appeared that the ceiling in the shower had been painted you could still see some mould underneath.
The room actually had a second bedroom & would easily accomodate a family with plently of space.
I did think it was slightly overpriced but it did include a continental buffet breakfast which was good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank weekendtripper_13
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Having stayed in this motel several times in the last four years we were very disappointed with the Acacia last Saturday night (7th April 2012). The room we (husband and two boys) had was spacious but the wallpaper on most of the walls is in disrepair and needs replacement. My husband also went in to Reception to Check in and was charged $10 more than quoted to me on the phone. The next morning we were all looking forward to brekky but again, this was a disappointment - little variety and definitely a decline in quality from last visit. The staff were also very distant and not welcoming at all. Very sad to say Acacia that we will think twice before staying again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family