“average”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Campbelltown
Sydney, Australia
“average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there on Sunday evening after a lovely day in Camden. On our arrival I asked if there were any free upgrades and the young lass said she would give us a balcony room. It was clean and the bed comfy it was on the street side so it was noisy I rather wished I hadn't been given the upgrade! It may have been quieter in another room. We dined at the restaurant which was rated quite highly, it didn't meet what we expected. The waitress sat us near a group of boisterous people when clearly the place on Sunday nite wasn't crowded and there were other tables that would have been much better. My husband had oysters they were ok I had the Brie and fig entree there could have been a bit more cheese. My husband had the rack of lamb it was very tender I had the pasta it was as if they had made a lamb salad and threw it ontop of fettuccini the meat was though and the cheese was cubes of leather. The staff did offer us complementary dessert but we declined. They did give us 20% off the meal. I'm not sure that I would stay there again and I would eat next door at the club

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Blair W, General Manager at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. It’s nice to get a complimentary room upgrade - we have executive rooms available on all wings of the hotel, so if you do stay again ask for a non street facing room. Sounds like you communicated your feedback on dinner to the staff on duty; sorry to hear the meal was not to your liking. I’ve since discussed your feedback with Chef.
All the best
Blair

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I travel extensively and frequently for business and found this hotel in April this year. Subsequently I have stayed there on no less than 5 separate occasions over the ensuing 6 months. The hotel looks impressive from both the outside and inside. Looks are not deceiving. The hotel is impressive,. The rooms are spacious, very well appointed and spotlessly clean. The beds are so comfortable you do not want to get up. The bar and restaurant are first rate. The menu broad and the food beautifully presented. Not only that - it is sumptuous. This hotel abuts the Campbelltown Catholic Club and you an access the Club directly from Rydges so entertainment and a wide variety of meals and bars is available.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. I have waited some months to write this review because I thought that the bright and modern amenity might be blind-siding some faults in the property. But after 5 separate visits I can only say that this one of the best 41/2 star properties that I have stayed in. The pricing is not cheap but you certainly get more than value and a little bonus like free secure car parking makes up for this. While on the subject of security, you feel so much more reassured knowing that you cannot access the hotel rooms without an electronically coded card available only to residents.

Room Tip: The rooms are very well sound proofed so if mobility is a problem opt for a room near the lift.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Great to hear from one of our regular guests and we are really pleased that you have enjoyed your numerous stays with us. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, I look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year!
All the best
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I am a Hotel Manager myself and it is just our nature to stay at other hotels and pick up on all the things that you think you do better... BUT my experience was truly brilliant from making my reservation with your front office manager at the last minute as I had to visit a friend in hospital, to ordering my annoying coffee with the friendly restaurant manager. All your team were so accommodating friendly and helpful, during my stay 3 housekeepers interacted with me and asked me how my stay was and if I needed anything.
Please thank your team and I will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Blair W, General Manager at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hi Joseph,
Thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you so well. It’s nice to get such a positive review from a fellow Hotel Manager, I'm intrigued as to what you 'annoying coffee order' was? I’ll pass your comments on to the crew at our next guest services meeting.
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over the long weekend. Sydney had so much going on we found it hard to find reasonably priced hotel rooms. It was the NRL GRAND FINAL, FLEET REVIEW, PRINCE HARRY. We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Check in was easy and the staff really friendly. Our room was on the 4th floor and the bed was one of the best. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food and service was great. Excellent service, lovely ambiance - a great night. Hotel is handy to everything including the highway. A lovely stay. Only negative was the card access kept failing and had to have them changed after a couple of uses.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for informing other travellers of your experience at Rydges Campbelltown. Great to hear you enjoyed the long weekend with us, see you next time!
Regards, Blair
North Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed at this location for the first time recently for a week. There was a mix up with our reservation (very late at night) however staff were very helpful and worked their best to sort it out - providing a very appropriate alternative and complimentary breakfast to compensate for the error. All staff throughout the visit were professional and friendly. Lovely environment from the rooms to the restaurant and other surrounding facilities. Would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the reservation error was efficiently resolved. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Cheers, Blair
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stay here from time to time as I have business to attend to. The staff are always helpful, the rooms are comfortable and clean. The bar and restaurant is always busy.. make sure you book. Stay here, you'll enjoy it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Blair W, General Manager at Rydges Campbelltown Sydney, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi Anita, thanks so much for your review. Good tip about the Restaurant - it does book out most nights and our hotel restaurant INFUSION has just been awarded best Hotel, Motel, Resort restaurant in Southern NSW!

For future hotel guests, we can make your Restaurant reservation before your stay, to ensure you don’t miss out - phone direct on 02 4645 0557
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I only stayed here 2 nights on business, and I would recommend for a short or long stay.
Great rooms, fabulous food, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
It was close to a nice walking area, and shops are close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hi Julie, Thanks for telling other travellers of your experience at Rydges Campbelltown. Great to hear you had a fantastic stay with us, see you next time!
Blair
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbelltown
Maclin Lodge Motel
#1 of 1 in Narellan
The Hermitage Motel
The Hermitage Motel
#1 of 1 in Leumeah

Been to Rydges Campbelltown Sydney? Share your experiences!