“High on expectation, low on delivery”
Review of Infusion - CLOSED

Infusion
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located inside Rydges Hotel Campbelltown
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have dined here a few times, usually as a guest of a visitor to the hotel.

Unfortunately, every time I go there with high expectations I am always disappointed.

Meals are always either late, cold or just wrong. Asking for drinks is easy, getting them you could die of thirst.

The description on the menu does not justice to the overcooked, dried out and flavourless items that are delivered.

We actually went there for drinks after a wedding, the bride and groom were staying there and we planned to have drinks and coffee before the left for the evening. We arrived to a closed bar and rude staff when we asked why the bar was closed so early.

Nice place to look through the glass at the micro brewery, but avoid booking or even planning to go there.

3  Thank Gary Y

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We wouldn't normally eat at hotel restaurants but did so on this occasion and we were completely thrilled with the experience.

The prices are not what you would call a bargain, but the quality of the meals was excellent. There was a nice, diverse menu with a good range of options for people that don't really enjoy the more weird and whacky culinary tastes.

We've never encountered a simple steak that was life changing, but we did here. Perfectly cooked, delightfully seasoned - heaven on a plate!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went with a group of girls on a Friday night and ate from the bar menu. The food was all really good quality bar meals that were not too expensive. The band was good, although a little loud so it was hard to hear the conversation of a large group. Overall we all enjoyed and will go back.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We visited for Xmas lunch and found that the food and service to be of a high quality.
My wife has been with friends to high tea and enjoyed it

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My girlfriends and I were very excited to celebrate two of them becoming engaged here for brunch. The menu, from the website, sounded amazing, but when we called to book, we were told they no longer have a brunch service and that seeing as though they forgot to remove it from the net, they would do brunch for us. However, from the minute we got there we were shown bad service. After 30 mins, we were told to 'order at the bar' and get our own cutlery. Considering we paid each minimum $20 for our meal we were very disappointed with the food. The proscuitto wrapped asparagus with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce not only came out without any sort of toast or muffins, but also only one egg and uncooked bacon rather than proscuitto. The waitress noticed this and offered to get us some toasted muffins, but they came out untoasted. One of my friends is allergic to pork but her eggs came out with ham. When we asked the waitress to please ask for one without ham as requested, she was rude and told us that someone must have ordered it that way. The french toast was served with 3 rings of sliced banana, a teaspoon of frozen berries and 1 strawberry, even though my friends paid extra for 'banana and berries'. When my friend asked where the extra fruit she paid for was, she was told they only had 2 bananas in the kitchen. Then why did my friend pay for extra fruit? The glasses had lipstick stains on them. We now see why they do not do brunch any more! At least the company was good!

1  Thank Jamie G