“Ho-ing Down”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was a family dinner, great service, friendly, fun atmosphere. We shared a number of entrees and the steak and ribs were delicious. A fun relaxed evening. It was quite expensive though (there were 5 of us) if you have entrees, main meals and drinks. But great for a birthday celebration!

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My personal favourite menu item are the pork ribs. Delicious! Other dishes can sometimes v good and other times below average.

Service needs work, lots of work, but otherwise alright.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went here for lunch on a Sunday with a table of 8 people. It took a long time for our (not very friendly) waitress to attend to us to take drink orders, and then even longer to come back and take our food order. The food came out relatively quickly which was good, and it really was delicious. Our table got a mix of everything from the chicken wings, chicken strips, burgers, Mexican fare, calamari - and all said they enjoyed what they had. The sampler with the wings, chicken pieces, shrimp, carrot and celery was very nice shared amongst a few people, but for $28.95 there should have been more on there than what there was. The music was very loud, I think next time I would request to sit outside if it was a nice day, just to get away from the booming music. We all left very full, and it cost on average about $35 per person, including a few beers and soft drinks. Soft drinks are served in very big cups which I was pleased with. The hottest sauce was not hot at all to my tastes, but it was still tasty. I would go back, but I think I would stick to things like the chicken wings and chicken strips/pieces next time, rather than a burger - which I found quite dry and had to top with tomato sauce. They said it came with Thousand Island sauce, but I couldn't see or taste any. It was good to try, and I would go back for the tasty chicken, but it was mind-blowingly awesome.

2  Thank kmh88
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I went here for my mate's birthday accompanied by my wife and his partner. Waitresses prefer to flirt than take orders and deliver meals. I found it funny the waitresses were paying more attention to and trying to flirt with males that had their female partners with them rather than focusing that attention on the numerous groups of males. My wife had to ask 3 times where her drink was and was given snooty looks from our waitress, who had a change of attitude after realising I wasn't interested in her despite her persistent flirting and trying to touch my hair which I thought was very unprofessional.

Food is poor, tasteless and greasy. Waitresses are not attractive and do not understand professional boundaries.

Never again.

8  Thank Aria9093
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hooters-Nice idea if you're there with a bunch of blokes or you're a bloke who likes window shopping.
As for the family, NO don't do it.
Service, well, after ordering it was well over an hour before we got served our food. WOW.
It was getting ridiculous.
The music and the sound level of the music was amazingly HIGH and LOUD!!!
Dear proprietor, this is a restaurant, NOT A NIGHTCLUB!!!
I'm a relatively young guy and I love loud music but NOT whilst I'm eating my dinner and trying to talk to my family.
Most of us resorted to just watching the numerous TV screens around the establishment just cause we couldn't do much else.
And the food, bordering on POOR.
Yes I guess on the positive, it'd be a fun place to hit with 6 of your BLOKE mates before heading out on the town. But other than that, the other fast food outlets next door could be a better option.

2  Thank Hardstyl