Camden Valley Inn
Megaboom City Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$68
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$118
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)
$151
$138
  • Restaurant
Mantra on Kent(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$128
$124
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewscountry feeltwo queen size bedsgarden settingsydney priceslarge bathroommeals were greatgreat pub fooda lovely place to staygreat sleepno table servicelovely roomwould definitely stay here againlarge portionsmanicured gardensold englishroaring firewedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Having to go to Camden for an equestrian event for my daughter I did not want to sleep in a horse float having been told how cold it was in Camden so looked for alternative accommodation. There isn't a great deal to cjhoose from there but I think we hit the jackpot. Camden Valley Inn was reasonably priced, large rooms with balconies and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Had a beautiful view in the morning over the fields (Room 2) and near the pool (too cold to swim) but nice to look at. The rooms were well appointed and heated with two free movie channels.

Would be great in summer as the hotel has an inn and a restaurant attached to it where we enjoyed dinner for two of our nights there. Both times the food was fantastic (although the 2nd night was a little slow due to a function they had on) but overall an enjoyable dining experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank TennysonTrace
camdenvalleyinn, Director of Sales at Camden Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2010

Good Morning,
Thank you for your comments. It is always appreciated when someone takes the trouble to give good feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you can come back during the warmer months and enjoy the pool as well!
Let us know when you wish to come back so we can take special care.
Regards, Director of Sales

Reviewed June 7, 2010

My husband and i required one night stay in the middle of moving from our old house to our new. We arrived and checked in on sunday afternoon and were checking out the following morning. The reception staff were lovely, efficient and friendly. The room had dinner included and when ready we could go to the bar area to eat. My first night alone with my husband in a few years, I envisaged a nice meal in the restaurant. Not so, the place was packed with the local young crowd, who were noisy, the bar area was filthy and the conservatory area had empty tables not set up for dinner service. We had to line up and finally told that 2 or 3 items on the VERY limited menu were out of stock. The food was then to be collected from an out door kitchen, and was the worst pub food I have tasted. The condiment area was sloshed with all manner of gravy and sauces, however had been neglected for a few hours as tomato sauce bottles were empty and the large tureens supposedly for gravy (to try to help the over cooked food slide down ones throat easier) were completely empty..
I think that the hotel is lovely but is being sorely let down by the poor service and the haphazard arrangements for people trying to eat there.
And the food was REVOLTING.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CourtneyBee

Good Morning,
I was disappointed to read your recent comments about your stay with us last December.
I am only sorry you did not let us know earlier.
I would like to advise that around this time we had a change of Head Chef and kitchen staff and I can assure you your problems have now been addressed.
We have reviewed our Food and Bar facilities and believe that on your next visit you will be very happy.
Please contact the Director of Sales on your next visit.
Regards,

Reviewed January 30, 2009

Check in was friendly enough, but the staff member had limited knowledge about the property.

Room was pleasant and clean but over priced in comparison to other properties in the area.

Pool and garden are quite nice.

Not the place if you want peace and quiet, entertainment in the hotel garden was very loud and not great. Maybe after a few drinks would be more enjoyable.

Food at dinner very average and, the ordering procedure was not very clear and as there is no greeting some customers work it out for themselves or just walk out. I saw two tables of people walk in, sit down, then walk away five minutes later.

I went over in the morning to check out the breakfast options. Once again no greeting, so I walked over to the bar and waited for a bit, no one came near. While I was standing there one of the staff was over at the tables, but not once did she look my way. I checked out of hotel and we had a great breakfast at one on the cafes in Camden with excellect customer service and yummy food.

The Camden Valley Inn obviously thinks it is a lot better than what it actually is, so quite disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Aileen
Reviewed June 25, 2008

Booked over the phone after seeing their revamped website. Easy to find even though we arrived at night and a 9.30 pm checkin was no problem. Staff at checkin and out were both lovely and very helpful. Room itself was large, looked quite new, and definately at least 4 stars and very clean and homely. Gardens gorgeous and pub was cool too. Breakfast was buffet or you can get a continental breakfast to your room I think. We'd definately stay again. Not far at all from centre of Camden, or from Camden Airport where you can do TigerMoth joyflights (which is why we were there). Would be great for a wedding and have guests stay all weekend.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2007

We recently had to travel into Sydney for a short meeting. Instead of booking city accommodation we looked for something on the outskirts and were absolutely delighted with our find. Not only did it shorten our trip for the day but we had the added benefit of staying in a quiet country setting.

Located on the outskirts of the historic town of Camden south of Sydney, this property provides spacious and well appointed accommodation amidst beatifully manicured gardens with rural views out over the Camden Valley. Forming part of the complex is an Olde English Inn - built in the 1930's on a Tudor theme, the hotel provides nourishing meals in a cosy atmosphere including wood fires.

This is a venue that is used a lot for weddings and they have beautiful gardens for that purpose and for other guests to enjoy. The hotel also has a huge beer garden area which would be lovely on a summers evening. The staff were welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. We'll definitely be back if we need to do a similar trip again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family