“Pleasant and convenient”
Review of Camden Valley Inn

Camden Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Camden B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed for one night in October, in the Rose Cottage section of the complex. Our room was spacious, clean, modern and well appointed. We were at the back of the complex and there was no road noise. However, we had noisy neighbours in the room next door which highlighted the minimal soundproofing in the cottages. Comfortable bed and good pillows. TV reception was a bit crappy with only some free to air channels available. I would have thought that for the price we paid and have paid at other places, having reasonable TV reception and a wider choice of channels is not a lot to ask. Breakfast (at an additional cost) was terrific. Just sitting in the pub beer garden soaking up the morning sunshine and consuming the large portions was excellent. Overall our stay was good, they just need to improve on the smaller details to make future stays more enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee-Michelle R, Manager at Camden Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Good Morning, Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are currently in the process of replacing all of the TV's in the lodges and should have all free to air channels within the week. We will be looking into way's to sounds proof the rooms shortly. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

As I was a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding, I arrived at 8am in the morning (for a 4.30pm wedding that afternoon). I went and saw reception and asked if it was possible to check in any earlier. I was asked if I was part of the wedding and said yes. I was given a blanket no and the receptionist went back to her computer. Very poor first impression. I asked that as soon as the room was ready could they phone me on my mobile. This never happened.

When the bride arrived we got ready in her mothers room which was room 36. Quite far away from the main building but had a gorgeous view.

I stayed in room 34. It was a little tired but the bathroom was lovely. I wish I could have used the spa bath. My aunty stayed with me in the room and they made up the sofa bed for her. As it was a freezing night we both needed extra blankets but there was only one available. We could not work out the air con which kept on shooting out cold air instead of hot so we eventually turned it off.

The wedding was great but I think the staff need to step it up a notch. I was told that the wedding coordinator was "unavailable to speak to" as she was in a meeting. She later told a member of the wedding party that she was off booking Pink concert tickets. Totally unprofessional. At the end of the evening we were ushered out by the staff quite quickly.

Also the booking reservations process was a nightmare. We had family and friends coming from overseas and inter state. Quite often one person was told the hotel was booked, when another was told a couple of rooms were available. I was initially advised that breakfast was included but when I rang prior to arrival, I was told it was not included anymore. Very annoyed.

Overall, a lovely hotel which needs a little renovation and some staff training which could take it up to the 4 star rating.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MissTravelingMegs

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our venue.

Unfortunately as we were fully booked the night prior, and guest check out is not until 10am, an early check in of 8am was not able to be accommodated. It does take time to clean the rooms, and guest check in is not until 2pm. I apologise for the attitude of the receptionist in responding to your query regarding this.

The Bride had requested use of our Family suite, as it is larger, for her to get ready. Which while located toward the back of the property, is spacious to get ready for the wedding, and provides a beautiful outlook across the valley for pre-wedding photo's with the bridal party.

In your room, we would have been happy to provide additional blankets upon request. The air conditioning can take up to 10 minutes to start heating the room and needs to be left on to assist in warming up. If contacted, we could definitly have come down and fixed this for you. There is also instructions available within the welcome book on how to use the air conditioning unit.

As the wedding coordinator was working a 16 hour day, we do allow her to have a lunch break. What she does during this time is her business. However throughout the day she assisted you with numerous queries, and the room was completly set hours prior to the wedding commencing.

At the end of the evening, guests stayed on in the reception room for an additional 40 minutes after the function has finished, and our licencing states that all guests have to be off site by midnight. Thus the ushering out. I do apologise if you felt this was rude, however the staff also had to reset for a wedding the following day, and we do have to abide by our licencing rules.

As we were fully booked with wedding that evening, guests were asked to mention the bride and groom's name to ensure they were allocated one of the reserved rooms. If the guests didnt mention the name, they were told that we were fully booked. This procedure allows us to ensure that no random people are placed in the reserved rooms, and only guests of the bride and groom are aware what is required to be said to reserved these rooms. In regards to breakfast, the bride had booked a table for her guests for breakfast the following morning. However at no point was this, or ever has been, included in the package price for the room's.

I sincerely apologise if you feel that your stay and customer service was not up to standard. Due to some misunderstandings, the above instances occured, and i hope the above explanations suffice to eleviate your concerns.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
2  Thank AnoushkaCanberra
Reviewed October 10, 2012

a complimentary upgrade to a queen spa room was welcome although not needed. The room was spacious and clean as was the bathroom.Being part of the inn complex we ate at in the pub garden. The food and service was pretty average but at least the garden allowed for the kids to run around and burn off a little energy giving us some respite whilst eating our meals.The continental breakfast was a little spartan and unimaginative and only just enough to kick start the day.Overall the visit was ok if not memorablr

Room Tip: rooms at the rear of the complex are less prone to traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Went here for a wedding, at first was loving it kids were having fun. Realised quite quickly though that the rooms are definitely not up to the 4 star mark, but still thought it was okay. Don't want to get into the wedding stuff but food was pretty average. It was the next day that was so disappointing. Trying to take a shower when it just drips out a the way on hot and it is barely Luke warm. Standing in there was so cold even for our 2 and 3 year old daughters.
But it's the fact they did nothing about our complaint. My husband complained on the day and they said someone would call us. No one called so he called them. They said someone will call us. My husband called 3 times and still no one responds. It's just disgraceful. Apparently the person to speak to works mostly out at there other premises The mean fiddler. So they obviously don't care about this property at all, or the customers. We really wanted a response because we liked the idea of coming back here for the kids to stay and play, but now we are just so angry at them. How hard is a phone call to respond????

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Algringhuis
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was my second stay at this excellent venue, both times booked through Quick Beds. The Quick Beds price was good value and the accomodation is excellent, quiet and in a great setting, close to many scenic places of interest. I choose it because it is not that far from Sydney, western suburbs and southern areas on the coast. It is quiet, peaceful and the staff are friendly. The pub, restaurant and gardens make it a great package.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Went to CVI for breakfast with friends on sunday morning, as locals have been there a few times before with both good & not so good experiences.
Had phoned the day before & booked a table upstairs near the open fire, Arrived to find that no table has actually been booked & we were told to sit anywhere even though all of the upstairs tables had reserved signs on them. Was very dissapointed that the open fire wasnt even lit...it was a very cold winters morning & quite cold inside. ordered our breakfast & coffees ., All 4 coffees were cold (just lukewarm) & there was no offer of replacement or apology when we told the waitress about this. There was 4 of us dining & we all ordered our meals together, the 1st 2 arrived & the other 2 arrived at least 10 minutes later-the meals were cold & the eggs on all 4 were hard !! Very dissapointing as I thought that things had improved greatly over the past year or so..looks like it was short lived..Tip to management - pick up your act,it is such a lovely place,dont let it go back downhill again as reputations do stick & you can only have so many chances !!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lee c
Lee-Michelle R, Manager at Camden Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. Firstly I would like to take this first moment to apologies profusely for your breakfast experience last Sunday. We will definitly be taking your comments further with management, the kitchen and staff.

I appreciate your honesty, with regard to your review left on the TripAdvisor website; this gives us something to strive towards; that being to change your opinion of the venue and provide you with an experience that surpasses your expectations and meets the high standards expected.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Rydges Campbelltown Sydney
#2 of 3 in Campbelltown
Narellan Motor Inn
Narellan Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Narellan

Been to Camden Valley Inn? Share your experiences!