“4 STAR DONT THINK SO”

Ranked #1 of 3 Camden B&B and Inns
Sale, Australia
“4 STAR DONT THINK SO”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

WEDDING!THE REAL HORROR 12AM must be in room no noise do not socialise with guests or incur $100 fine or eviction.when on veranda watch for security guards.these are house rules,more like prison camp.after spending thousands of dollars they should be ashamed of themselves.pay top dollar i do not recommend this place save heart ache go else where

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Linda C
Lee-Michelle R, Manager at Camden Valley Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Good Afternoon Linda,

It is unfortunate to hear of your dissapointment in the accommodation rules of our hotel. In the interest of all guests staying in the hotel, we have to have a set of house rules that advises guests that after midnight with the main bar closes, all guests are expected to act in a courtious manner towards the other guests in the hotel. This includes limited noise disturbances from both inside the rooms, as well as in the public area outside of the room. When signing the check in forms, this set of house rules was provided to you.

On the night of the wedding, all guests, including the bride and groom enjoyed the wedding immensly and went to the main bar afterwards. As the guests from the wedding, were not the only guests staying in the hotel, restrictions on noise do need to be in place. Im sure if you stayed in another hotel and had guests being noisy outside your rooms at midnight, you would appreciate these rules as well.

As Security was called out numerous times in the early morning, a fee does need to be charged to compensate the distrubances to other guests. Unfortunatly due to the incidents, numerous other guests had to be refunded because fo the noise complaints.

On check out, the general manager spoke with you about the distrubances and the fee's incurred.

I am sure that you can appreciate the tight spot that we are put in by trying to do the best thing for all of our guests by allowing a quiet and peaceful hotel area.

If you have any further complaints, please feel free to contact us on 02 4655 8413 or by email to enquiries@camdenvalleyinn.com.au

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Narrabeen
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and found the room excellent. A roomy upstairs unit with two double beds, a brilliant view over the pool and rural countryside, full air and a large clean bathroom with seperate shower made it most satisfying. However an old small analogue TV was a major blow and we mentioned this to management as being a hefty vintage decision in not upgrading yet. Not even a set top box to allow the digital signal through.
They must address this soon, even flat screens are available in Fiji.
The restaurant in the attached old English style Tavern was very ordinary. No wait service, a fairly bright menu but the food quality is not there.
We dined for an evening Dinner and one Breakfast with both meals needing quality attention inside a very tired rustic interior.
Outside the gardens and lawns are a credit to the managment team, very clean neat and tidy and these get ten out of ten for their presentation.
We would defineately stay again but only when the Tele is improved, but would eat out in Cambden where there are some very good outlets to choose from.

BevnBob

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an upstairs room for the view and ask for a digital TV
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon Bob and Bev,

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your stay.

We will take on your advice and will hopefully be starting to replace our TV's over the next few months with newer versions.

The chefs have been spoken to regarding your dissapointment with your meals and we sincerly apologise. With over 1000 guests dining here each week, we have a very high standard and get regular compliments on the size, qulaity and presentation of our food.

We hope that you do stay with us again and that we can provide an even better experience for you in the future
canberra
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I recently booked accommodation on line and specifically asked that they didn’t send anything to my home address, to email only, as it was part of a surprise gift for my husbands birthday along with a joy flight at the Camden airport. A few days later the receipt arrived in the mail with Camden Valley Inn plastered all over the envelope. My husband collected the mail and as he had always talked about how he would love to experience one of the flights from Camden Airport, obviously put two and two together.

However, I can assure you that my dealings with the CVI was downhill from here.

I forwarded an email to their office the following day explaining what had happened and how unhappy I was. With no response to my email, I followed it up with a telephone call on Monday morning and spoke to a lady who confirmed she had just read my email. She assured me someone would be contacting shortly.

I again called on Wednesday as I had not heard a word and spoke to Sue who promised someone would call the following day. Again as I heard nothing, I phoned their office on the Thursday afternoon. I was told by Sue that someone had been trying to call my mobile all morning and was unable to get hold of me. This was absolute rubbish as I have my mobile with me at all times, I have message bank and in any case, an email could have been sent to me asking me to call their office. I insisted that someone email me a response rather than call me and I was promised an email first thing this morning.

Friday .....No email. No phone call.

I then decided I would email the General Manager who did actually respond quickly. He apologised for the error, blamed it on reception staff and said he hoped my husband realises the effort I had gone to for his birthday and if there was anything he could do to help. I said that perhaps he could suggest something. I told him it wasn’t my husband who was disappointed, it was me. He offered me my money back if I wasn’t happy. After further emails, he succumbed to offering to set a table (assuming for dinner which we would have to pay for) with a free bottle of bubbly in the gardens (maybe nice if it was summer!!). I decided that the reviews I had read about the dreadful food in addition to their treatment was not something I wanted to experience. I requested my money back and he said he would have reception arrange the refund immediately, on that very Monday.

Well naturally by the Thursday, I had not seen any refund in my account and AGAIN I had to email them.

This place is such a joke. I have never written one of these reviews before and I have stayed in hundreds of different types of accommodation both in Australia and overseas. You accept that sometimes you need to take the good with the bad. But when you are treated poorly before you even arrive, I can only imagine what it would be like once you have arrived!!

I have decided to book accommodation in Bowral (would rather travel away from the area) staying somewhere I am familiar with and where we are treated as guests and not like boils on their back sides.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sashae

Travelers are raving about these Camden hotels

Reviewed February 26, 2011

Let me start by saying that we won a night's accommodation and dinner here, so we're glad we didn't have to pay for it! The grounds are quite nice around the actual hotel and pool, but outside the restaurant and outdoor dining areas not so. The fish pond had plastic cups and rubbish floating in it and the gardens were a bit overgrown and messy. From the street this hotel and restaurant looks impressive, but closer inspection reveals it's faults. There is limited parking, so you may have to park up in the main carpark and not near your room. Our room (34) was down the back of the property overlooking the Razorback Range and paddocks .. this was nice. The room was large and the spa bath was a nice touch. However, the fixtures were in need of repair .. towel shelf hanging precariously over the bath that could collapse at any time, a broken tile or two and what could only be a safety hazard - no non-slip proofing on the glossy tiled step getting into the spa. The spa itself would pose a problem for the elderly or infirmed as it is quite a step down. There were minimal bath products and we had to ask for bath gel for the spa as there was none. The airconditioner was at a set temperature and fan speed so it couldn't be changed so we turned it off during the night, but as there was quite a bit of noise outside we didn't open the window, so we had an uncomfortable night. The wardrobe doors wouldn't close (catch broken). The TV was a small, old CRT one and got poor reception. There were quite a few spiderwebs in the room and on the windows and even a spider or two in the room along with a few dead flies. Twice during the night, the clock/radio alarm went off (an hour or two between each time) and in the end we pulled it out. The hotel mainly caters for overnight guests who attend weddings/functions etc, so expect a bit of noise during the night and into the morning. NOW, what we really had issue with, was the restaurant. As other reviewers have said, the service is extremely poor and the food can only be described as pub food at best! Our experience went something like this: we entered the restaurant and couldn't see where the reception was. There was no greeting, no acknowledgement, in fact nobody to show us where to go or what to do. As another reviewer has said, it was as if you were expected to know and left to work it out yourselves. We finally walked around until we saw a girl with a clipboard. Yes, we had a reservation but no she couldn't find our name. After checking and rechecking her clipboard numerous times, she found our name .. UNDER THE CLIP holding the reservation sheet! She showed us to our table and walked off. We sat waiting for someone to come and after about 10 minutes, another girl said "haven't they told you what to do?" NO THEY HADN'T! We then joined the queue at the bar register and ordered. Luckily we don't drink alcohol, so we could get water and coke at the same register otherwise it was join another queue. We took our number and sat back down. When the meal came .. the only cutlery was a steak knife, no fork and we were told to go to the condiments table where cutlery and napkins could be found. Guess what?? .. NONE! My husband searched for a waitress but I eventually grabbed a passing girl and asked her for some. 5 minutes later she arrived with them. Our meal was disgusting! Medium/well done steaks had blood seeping from them and the steak was warm at best. The chips were floating in gravy and quickly became a soggy mush. It was terrible and when a waitress finally came by to ask if our meal was fine, we vented our anger. We don't believe in sending back food as many times the steak would just be thrown back on the grill and that's not satisfactory. We spoke with a supervisor and manager and expressed our disapproval. They agreed it was unacceptable and were sorry and offered another meal .. NO THANK YOU .. and said they wouldn't charge us. Breakfast (delivered to our room next morning) wasn't any better .. again, cold! Summing up, the restaurant seems to attract the young locals, functions and crowds and therefore the hotel accommodation is not ideal for tourists, travellers or romantic getaways. We definitely WOULD NOT recommend Camden Valley Inn!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ForeverYoung50
Melbourne
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We stayed here last week without first checking tripadvisor reviews but Aileen's previous review of this hotel is spot on. Our first impression was quite positive - spa rooms, olde worlde restaurant and grounds (but they should mow the lawn) designed to be a romantic escape or wedding venue (pity the people in the adjoining room as the walls are paper thin!).
The staff are not well trained. Our package included a continental breakfast which normally in other hotels is a buffet with fruit, cereal, toast and coffee selections. Not here though - you have to queue up and order each item without any menu and then the staff will tell you if your choice is available.

We asked Tomato Juice? - no; Orange Juice? yes; fruit? no; yoghurt? no; how about cereal then? yes; muesli? no; sultana bran? yes; toast? yes; wholegrain? no; wholemeal? perhaps - if you mean brown bread; coffee? no, this is provided in your room.

The guessing game continued whilst these "dishes" were gradually brought to our table (there were only two other guests in the restaurant). The final Basil Fawlty touch was the eventual arrival of the "toast" which was two pieces of soggy bread which had already been "buttered" or spread with some unknown fat or margarine. Disgusting!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doug&Sharon
Reviewed July 17, 2010

My company recently held a team building meeting for our Sales & Marketing Dept at The Camden Valley Inn. It was perfect for this sort of event and we were surprised to find such good facilities only 45 minutes from the centre of Sydney. The setting of the hotel with its beautiful gardens and rural feel really made a terrific escape from our day to day work activities and we all throughly enjoyed our stay.
The accommodation was very good and the staff couldn't seem to do enough.
There were some great activities to do in the area like hot air ballooning, a number of golf courses and wine tasting and this really added to the whole experience.
This hotel has alot to offer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
camdenvalleyinn, Director of Sales at Camden Valley Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
It was terrific to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and it is great for the staff to have such positive feedback. We hope you can come again.
Regards,
Sales Department
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My partner and I needed a romantic getaway but couldnt be too far out of Sydney due to work. We found the Camden Valley Inn on google and booked into their bridal suite straight away. The staff were so helpful with all of my questions and processing my booking so quickley.

We received champagne in our room on arrival and late check out on Sunday. The room was so romantic with a fire place, couples spa and double shower! I would definitly reccomend this room for the perfect romantic stay!

We stayed on for lunch the next day and enjoyed a delicious lunch in the gardens, relaxing and listening to the live music outside. Perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Rydges Campbelltown Sydney
Country Comfort Hunts Liverpool
Narellan Motor Inn
Narellan Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Narellan

Been to Camden Valley Inn? Share your experiences!