“What a GREAT Christmas present!”

Balloon Aloft Camden
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Camden
More attraction details
Owner description: Balloon Aloft took to the skies over the Camden Valley for the first time back in 1980 becoming Australia’s very first hot air ballooning company. With over 30 years experience in providing the ultimate flight experience, Balloon Aloft has been recognised with numerous national, state and regional tourism awards including many Best Adventure Tourism Operator awards. A family run company, Balloon Aloft is dedicated to providing the very best ballooning adventure to each and every passenger.
Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“What a GREAT Christmas present!”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We recently went on a balloon aloft adventure over the Camden valley after I received a voucher for Christmas. It was extremely well organised from the check-in the night prior to the champagne breakfast served at Barenz after the flight. Mike, Deano and the rest of the team made me feel safe throughout the experience and all were highly professional, friendly and experienced balloonists. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Balloon Aloft to anyone looking for a unique and amazing experience.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank happytraveller227

Campbelltown, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Magnificent experience”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The experience makes the early start worthwhile.

My family bought me a balloon ride as a birthday present. We booked into Camden for the ride, arriving at 4:45am. After a brief discussion of what to expect, we were driven to the paddock where the balloon was inflated.

This was my first time, and after the first 20 minutes, I was not even aware of being in the balloon basket. The views are incredible. We were moving. but unless I watched the ground directly below, I was not aware of the movement.

The pilot, Mike, was very capable and we all felt very safe before, during and after the flight. Mike's commentary further added to the experience. Breakfast after complimented an already successful morning.

I would recommend a balloon flight to anyone. The views and trip are breathtaking

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Geoff Y
Milan, Italy
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Breathtaking yet safe experience”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We had an amazing flight with mike Barnes our experienced pilot who skillfully took us thru the experience of a lifetime. The support team and brekky was great which lead to an overall excellent experience. Highly reccomended Abby and vijay,Sydney

3 Thank Vijkash
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A dream come true”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

It was so worth setting the alarm for 3.30am! Our meeting time at Camden was 4.30am and after the initial briefing we were driven to our balloon departure spot. It was wonderful to watch the balloon being unpacked and inflated prior to our trip. Our balloonist was Mike and he was totally amazing. He explained how the balloon worked and his many years for experience were obvious to all. I felt completely safe and relaxed during the trip. The view was amazing and the sunrise was so beautifu, its incredible to think scenery like that can be seen every morning...After the flight we helped pack the balloon away and were then taken back to enjoy a wonderful breakfast. I could so do it all again.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank odyssian
sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not cheap but worth doing. Really good crew.”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

If you're prepared to take a chance on the weather and want to do a balloon ride, then this is the mob to do it with. Very attentive and switched on in all aspects. They are very customer focussed and are pretty passionate about their job.
The breakfast is quite good. Its a proper cooked breakfast with champaign and it was ready for us as soon as we arrived back at the meeting point.
A word to the wise - Do not under any circumstances stay at the Tuscany Wine Estate Resort if your looking for somewhere to stay in the Hunter while doing your ride. Anything else is better including a tent. Happy travels.

2 Thank mikeem75