“Gotten alot better since October 2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Camden Valley Inn

Camden Valley Inn
Reserve with
Camden Valley Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 119 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney
“Gotten alot better since October 2013”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Was a semi regular at CVI on a Sunday afternoon, and the kitchen service was getting worse so we stopped going. Took a punt mid October, and wow. Huge turn around, food out almost before we got back to our seat. Very impressed with the turn around, well done CVI!

Visited November 2013

Narellan, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I went for dinner tonight with my boyfriend and we ordered chicken schnitzel and chips and a steak cooked rare. Our meals came out quickly however my schnitzel was cold so I told them then my second one tasted like rubber the chips were old and soggy. The steak was blue in the middle and burnt on the outside and very tough when they cleared our plates and asked how the food was told them that it wasn't nice even though the waiter was very apologetic I felt like we weren't treated as if our oppinion mattered. I thought it was very disappointing foe the $60 it cost when we hardly touched any of our food

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank jessiep1
Sydney, Australia
“Nice atmosphere, but food very disappointing for the price”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I recently went to Camden Valley Inn for a light lunch for our 26th anniversary. The atmosphere of the hotel is friendly and cheerful enough, however that's where the happiness stops. The food was terrible and definitely not worth the price. Extremely expensive for a schnitzel that seemed to be overcooked. The garlic bread and the salad were okay. I would have stuck with just that if I knew what was coming. From what I'm seeing from other reviewers, most are saying the same thing. The pub could do with a little freshening up on the inside. Décor very tired. Inside smells very musty and is dark and antiquated. It's a real pity for a pub that is quite popular in the Macarthur region to not get the hint of what their patrons are trying to tell them. Since our visit, we have come across many locals who have said how sad they are by the decline of this much loved pub. Without fail, it was the menu and the standard of the food coupled by the high cost that was the main bone of contention. Word by mouth is the biggest pull for a lot of businesses and at this rate, if they don't pull up their socks, their reputation will be in for a rapid decline.

• Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Not quite what we expected”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Although I don't want to place a negative review I am going to go ahead with this because the staff need to pick up their act, as this was always a great place with a great atmosphere. My (elderly) husband and I attended there some months ago (I think it was May) to buy dinner. We almost walked out before paying because the girl serving us had made an unexpectedly rude comment to us and then sniggered with her friends behind the bar. Nothing we said or did prompted such a comment and I think the only reason I even paid for our order was that I was in shock. We felt so uncomfortable about the experience that we won't be back.

• Visited May 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Dinner only”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to Camden Valley Inn for over 12 years and I can honestly say that the food has not improved over that period of time.
They have tried all different ways of improving the food from carveries, outside cooking and now a standard Al a carte menu.
I was there with friends a couple of weeks ago for drinks and dinner. The setting is always nice as we sat beside the open fire and chatted.
Dinner was a different story.
My scotch fillet was supposed to be medium but came out blackened which I don't generally mind but was too charcoaled for my liking and chips were cool.
The Parma was non descriptive and it's pretty hard to stuff that up.
The pork belly looked great and mt friend tells me it was really good.

All up what annoys me is that their prices are high for mediocre food and this has always been my bug bear.