“Loved it”

Balcony Bar & Oyster Co
Ranked #20 of 198 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Meters back from legendary main beach, Balcony Bar & Oyster Co sits perched high above the hustle and bustle of Byron Bays busy streets. This heritage listed building is reminiscent of a seaside beach house. The signature wrap around deck captures the setting sun and is the perfect place to tuck into some freshly shucked oysters with an icy cold beer or a glass or rose. Executive Chef Sean Connolly has prepared a menu reflecting his signature style of cooking; simple, approachable and where possible on the bone or in the shell, allowing the produce to speak for itself. Balcony Bar & Oyster Co. exudes a neighbourhood spot where you can drop by anytime for a drink with friends and a few oysters or small plates.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We visited for a late lunch this week. We felt that many of the other eating establishments were overpriced and there was no small lunch offerings. We loved the view down into the street and the special of the day was lovely and good value. I loved the presentation of both our dishes. The staff were friendly and the service time reasonable. The manager (?) greeted me on my way out and asked if all was Ok.

There are newer reviews for Balcony Bar & Oyster Co

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Loved the meal. I am fussy. Oysters Kilpartick..just right, Steak, the best cut.. Great experinces of the palette, I want that prepared for me now...

1  Thank irene12351
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I was invited by two if my friends to this wonderful restaurant. It's on the second floor overlooking The street. I went twice in one week so I got to eat both indoors and outdoors . It has a young crowd and local atmosphere. I think it's more on the classy side than the typical hippie surfer character of Byron Bay. The food is a mix of Spaniard fusion cuisine, tapas and the sort. I loved the soup!! It's a bit expensive but the food and ambiance makes up for it...

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Over the years the Balcony was one of our favourite restaurants in Byron ,however over the last 2 years we felt it had gone off but recently we decided to give it another try .Usually we sit outside on the balcony itself ,however it was a cold and wet night and being quiete they had closed half the balcony off ,so we sat inside near the heater where it was cosy and warm..On such a night the place has a good atmosphere
My wife and I both ordered the chicken with an extra side of vegetables .The meal was ok ,the vegetables a little cold .We also ordered a bottle od shiraz around the $50 mark .That was pleasant and not overpriced .
All in all no complaints but we won't be rushing back either

1  Thank Pete056
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Visited here on a Saturday afternoon for tapas and drinks. The service was prompt and cheerful and it has a good vibe. However the food was disappointing and over-priced (typical for Byron). We shared the salt and pepper calamari - overly salty with somehow overlooked rubbery calamari and yet undercooked batter, and the prawns with chorizo - bland and uninspiring. The side of chips was really good as was the chocolate fondant.

All in all, unlikely to visit again.

1  Thank Duane G