“Great lunch”
Review of Rae's Fish Cafe - CLOSED

Rae's Fish Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The restaurant at Rae's on Wategos is widely regarded as the must visit restaurant when spending time in Byron Bay. With breathtaking views of Wategos Beach it is truly one of the great dining experiences. Specialising in the best local Seafood, we cater for all tastes and dietary requirements. We encourage guests to come, relax and laze the afternoon or evening away.
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Needed to kill a couple of hours pre-flight back yo Sydney. They were very happy to look after all our luggage while we had lunch. Three of us plus baby. Great wine recommendations, excellent food, very friendly people. HUGE BILL - but it was holiday so who cares!

Townsville, Australia
“What a great find, great food, wonderful staff.”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

While wandering to the lighthouse we stumbled across this treat of an eatery. With a great Mediterranean style space for eating with a view down to the beach.

The food was excellent and bearing in mind how expensive Byron bay in general is I thought reasonably priced. the best part was the staff, informative on the menu, very attentive and also very good at entertaining.

I would 100% recommend this restaurant and will return on my next visit.

• Visited December 2012
Byron Bay, Australia
“Sultry Summer Lux Lunch”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Shelter from the heat of the day amongst the scent of the blossoming frangipani... I was warmly welcomed by Mr Rae, refreshed from a surf in the crystal clear waters of Watego's... Its not my first time dining at Raes's... I keep returning, for the simple reasoning that it is the best dining experience in Byron... the romance of the setting, the light breeze from the ocean, the Bromely's that flank the walls and of course the exquisite flavours of the cuisine and the wine... OH THE SNAPPER... yes please, more please... Thank you to Michael, it was your effortless grace in service that made our day a luxurious one, very very happy customer.

Wollongong, Australia
“Great position and service, disappointing food”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The position of this restaurant is stunning and the waiter tried his best to create a positive dining experience but the quality of the food negated his best efforts. My husband and I dined on a Saturday for lunch to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we were very disappointed. We chose Rae's because we thought we could not go wrong because it had a 1 chef hat, we were very wrong. If I could guess what happened I would say the chef's apprentice without much experiece was in charge (not his fault of course), I don't normally write negative reviews but in this case I was hoping I could spare other diners a similar disappointing experience especially for a special celebration and particularly in light of the fact that the lunch cost over $100 on top of more enjoyable meals we had in Byron Bay. Special food is important for special occasions and I dont think it is too much to expect that if you pay for quality then this should be provided by the restaurant.

Catania
“Regular dependable excellence”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The standard favourite and choice of regular locals and international residents and visitors. Nothing to surpass the location, cuisine or service. Up there with worldwide bests.