- good location, a short walk to the beautiful Wategos beach
- room was comfortable and clean
- pool was nice and would be a good if you wanted an alternative to the beach, but while we were there the weather was warm and fantastic so we didnt want to be anywhere else but the beach
- quiet and relaxing
- overall service was helpful and good
- a small dvd collection for when the weather isn't great
- good recommendations on local restaurants and things to do
- we felt it was way overpriced. During our trip we stayed in a harbour view room at the Four Seasons in Sydney which was amazing and a quarter of the price and a direct beachfront property further down the coast with 180 degree ocean views which was half the price, plus others. We just could not understand what we were paying so much for.
- The rooms do not have an ocean view.
- Although the hotel is of very high standard, I agree with a previous reviewer that there's a bit too much ornate decoration (eg. columns around the spa bath, gold taps, curtain swags etc) which feels a little out of place in a laid back beach town. But this purely aesthetic.
- Bathroom area was quite small and toiletries were nothing special (home-branded)
- Although the service was good overall, there were a couple of instances that made us feel uncomfortable e.g. I wanted to have some laundry done (which was listed as a service) and I was told a bit grumpily that the commercial laundry would take priority (which was fine by me...). On another occasion, we wanted to borrow bowls from the kitchen for our breakfast cereal (as we don't eat much for breakfast and didn't fancy paying an extra $70/day for a big breakfast that we wouldnt eat) and again had a bit of a grumpy response. The 'rules' of the kitchen could have been made a bit clearer on our check-in.
- We had a huge balcony but only one sun lounger, so the other person had to sit in the room on the bed.
- Our tv only had 3 channels.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Victoria's at Wategos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.