Wollongbar Motel
Byron Beachcomber Resort(Byron Bay)(Great Value!)
$120
Garden Burees(Byron Bay)(Great Value!)
$142
$118
Hibiscus Motel(Byron Bay)(Great Value!)
$113
$109
Byron Sunseeker Motel Byron Bay(Byron Bay)(Great Value!)
$93
$87
Agoda.com
Atlantic Byron Bay(Byron Bay)(Great Value!)
$145
$140
The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa(Suffolk Park)(Great Value!)
$250
$213
Agoda.com
Byron Bay Hotel & Apartments(Byron Bay)(Great Value!)
$106
Hotels.com
$370
$326
Orbitz.com
All reviewsgreat locationbusy shoppingbbq utensilscentre of townminute walkdisabled accessbeach towelsprivate access to the beachrooms are spaciousgood sizefamily roomrestaurants and cafesstayed for one nightcomfortable staynight's sleepair conclose to shops
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Outside appearance
-lovely. Rooms did not feel clean because they were so old and dated. The carpet left soles of socks black!!?? However, staff said she would look into it and assured me that they are regularly cleaned. the room was quiet and dark (good for sleeping). The room is all open plan, with door on combined shower/toilet. Beds not very comfy, just not a high quality mattress. Location perfect! I think people would be happy to pay extra to stay here if the rooms were remodelled and updated. But Byron bay accommodation doesn't come cheap! Sorry but this is my last stay here until things change.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Oh dear, we stayed here last night and I can honestly say that it was the filthiest room I have ever spent a night in. We have 5 year old twins and the carpet was so disgusting that I made them keep their socks on. The result was that within 10 mins their socks were black and sticky. The furniture was so run down, grotty and old. The bathroom and shower were very dirty with lots of mould. There was even a large pile of dirty washing that the previous residents had left in the wardrobe and the owners/cleaners had failed to notice. Unfortunately the room is also right next to the main road and therefore incredibly noisy. We were so disappointed; the room cost us $190 for the night and it was meant to be a lovely Fathers Day treat. The only positive comment I have is that the location is great (that's why I have given it one point).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KandS R
Craig D, Manager at Wollongbar Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

My apologies that you didn’t enjoy your stay at our venue. Room one is regretfully closest to the road but thankfully the rest of our rooms run away from the road towards the beach. I also regret that some of the previous guest’s clothes were left in the wardrobe and housekeeping has been advised accordingly. I couldn’t find the black sticky substance in the carpet but do note the carpets are vacuumed after each guest’s stay and are on schedules with professional steam cleaning.
Our venue has aged but is constantly under refurbishment, interior and exterior maintenance and cleaning schedules. In the last twelve months some of the larger completed works and refurbishments include;
An extensive renovation and total refurbishment to our popular three bedroom apartment.
New large flat T.Vs in all rooms, new beds and bedding in all rooms, new appliances in all rooms and new curtains in rooms. Room one having all of these.
An extensive programme has been implemented to fully pressure clean all buildings and paved areas and subsequent repainting. Also all garden and flora areas have had major pruning and replanting done.
Poolside furniture has been upgraded.
Rooms are currently being closed down for a few days at a time to have interior work done mainly being regrouting of bathrooms to remove mould spots, repainting and minor maintenance. Room one was actually completed last week.

These are normal occurrences for accommodation venues but I wanted to reiterate that these works are being completed and along with our venue’s pricings, location and team these are major contributions to why we remain very competitive in the Byron Bay market.

Regards Craig

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I read quite a few of the "bad" reviews and could not match the comments to the room I stayed in. My room was very clean, furniture modern and everything worked. Carpet in good condition. The room appears to have been renovated not long ago. The room as quiet and very roomy. You can park your car at the door which is great for unpacking. Location is so close to town and walk out the back gate and you are on the beach. Wi-fi Internet is free but a little slow. I like motels where you can open a window that has security screens. This was really good for fresh air without risking safety. This is my 2nd stay in this motel.

Room Tip: Book a room away from the road
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Craig D, Manager at Wollongbar Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thanks for your great review supernanny. We are proud of our cleaning staff and always endeavour to keep appliances and furniture new and well maintained. The location is a big bonus and the weather has been superb. Nice to hear you have returned and hope you stay with us again when you are in town.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here last week in early August and were unfortunate to have room no 1 lots of road noise, people walking home and then the garbage truck came followed by the 6 am traffic . Our stay followed a festival the week before and it had rained and the carpet in our room was absolutely putrid and was wet this may have been why the room had a strange smell.
The cleaning staff are amateurs with no inspection of their work by management, basics like cleaning the shower, under beds (I found 2 cans of deodorant and numerous bottle tops) making beds and refilling of consumables.
We had paid up front through quick beds otherwise I would have left after the first night.They even had the hide to make us pay $50.00 more for a Saturday night when the state of the room needed a major discount as it should not have been let at all.
When checking out I mentioned these issues to management and was told the carpet was to be cleaned the following Wednesday(pity the other people who had to stay in this room) and that they will have a staff meeting with the cleaners. No offer of a refund or part there of. We had another 3 days in Byron so we moved to another motel in town better price better room.
I am still amazed why they would let out such a filthy room, I would have thought they would have more pride in there Motels reputation.
The location of this motel is great for beach and being within walking distance to town but we will not be back .

Room Tip: I would Inspect room prior to checking in. Rooms to the rear of the property should be quitter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peter346Australia
Craig D, Manager at Wollongbar Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

We acknowledge that room one is our closest unit to the road but thankfully the rest of the units run away from the road towards the beach. Your room did have some minor stains on the carpet, nothing like you reported though.As stated clearners were organised to do all our rooms after the busy festival, all but three (one being room one) were done two days after the festival.
What disturbs me is we did not charge you an extra $50 for a Saturday as you did not stay a Saturday.There was no extra charge at all, maybe it was $50 you expected back when you threatened us with a bad trip adviser review.The wet smell would have been from the three days your surfboards,wetsuits & clothes laid all over the floor and beds.You didn't leave the motel because of the room but because your booking had ended and the motel was fully booked for the weekend.Being so critical and the fact I saw you every day I wish you told me your problem with the road noise and I could have moved your family.Your consumables were refilled.
Our motel has a high occupancy rate and high rate of return guests, this is due to the efforts of all our staff.I'm saddened to see trip adviser used this way and feel sorry you had to state some porky pies in your review.Readers please contact me if you are concerned with this review.
Kind regards,Craig

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We arrived down Saturday afternoon and were met by a very friendly lady on reception who gave me some directions for Byron and a map and also explained how to get to the beach using the private entrance.
We stayed in room 14 and it was great. Big room with large bed, tv, tea making facilities, toaster and air-con. We actually had to use the heating as it was quite chilly in the evening. The room heated up very quickly.
There was plenty of hot water and plenty of space in the bathroom. I was delighted to see they'd provided a hairdryer as I'd left mine at home.
It's only a short walk to the beach, shops and restaurants from the motel. When checking out the lady on reception was very friendly and made checking out very quick and easy.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would love to go back if we visit byron bay

• Stayed: May 2013
Craig D, Front Office Manager at Wollongbar Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Hi Shanasha,
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good time in Byron Bay. Will pass your compliments on to reception staff, and hope to see you again in Byron Bay someday.
Thanks for taking time to review our motel.