“Fantastic evening”
Review of Ginger Pig - CLOSED

Ginger Pig
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We offer quality Mediterranean cooking, from tapas and share boards to the best steaks in town, house-baked cakes and pastries, all using only the best of ingredients from the local area. Great boutique beer, wine and cocktails are available as well as some of Byron's best local talent when it comes to music!
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The food was excellent and good service. Really liked the atmosphere and big comfy sofas in the back. There were also DJs playing later on which was great.

1  Thank Josiephene

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Spent a lovely evening at the ginger pig. The resturant wasn't busy but the atmosphere was relaxed food was good live music started as we were leaving

Overall a nice venue

1  Thank Mich H
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I order pretty much the same thing wherever I go for breakfast, so you may call me boring, but I know my scrambled eggs and bacon! To me, it's not a complicated combination to get right, yet so many cafes, restaurants and the like, seem to fall down at this most simple dish. A hash brown or Rosti on the side and given all components are tasty and fresh, I'm in heaven! Unfortunately, this place fell down...hard. Scrambled eggs were over milked and far too runny which, when placed on top of the toasted sourdough, made the toast soggy and horrible! And the bacon wasn't really hot, barely warm. And at $4.50 for ONE rasher of bacon, it's a serious let down. No rosti or HB on the menu was a bit sad for me. No cold pressed OJ available, I guess I was just bang outta luck today. Disappointing all round.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful service, relaxed atmosphere. Great live band on the night we were there sitting on the deck. We had the slow roasted lamb shoulder which melted in the mouth and a beautiful plate of mixed seafood tapas. Definitely worth a visit when in Byron and we will certainly return next time we are there!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went to the ginger pig a few times during our time in byron. The last time we went was a Sunday night and we had the butchers board and the lamb shoulder. Both were amazing. The lamb shoulder is insane- falling off the bone like no bodies business. No knife required- comes with a salad and the cooking juices. So tender. The owner and head chef James came to say hello and also enjoyed a glass of wine with us after our meal which was really nice..they also have an outstanding wine list which is unusual for byron. From our couple of experiences it's clear that James and his team know what there doing. Highly recommended and will definitly go back next time were in byron.. Thanks guys!!