“Amazing food”

Il Buco
Ranked #3 of 210 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Simple, honest, real food made with love - Authentic italian artisan pizza, delicious house made salads, authentic Italian gelato + Superb organic coffee Here at Il Buco we work really hard to source only the best ingredients. It is our philosophy to try & stay as local and as seasonal as possible with our produce. We want to support our local farmers & businesses. So our ham is from Bangalow Sweet Pork, our salumi is from the boys at Salumi, our fresh fruit & vegetables are mostly sourced from local farmers including Coopers Shoot Tomatoes & where we need to use imported produce we try to support local distributors to cut down on our fuel emissions! So please enjoy your food knowing that we have made every effort to source the best & most yummy local ingredients that are in season!
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

The service was excellent and the good was fantastic - absolutely amazing pizza - highly recommended - forza Milano! You must visit if you are staying in Byron bay!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband didn't believe me that the restaurant was rated no 1 on TA. That was until he tasted the pizza!!! Forget fancy restaurants images. This is an honest, humble pizzeria with uncomfortable seats. It's set alongside a group of other small restaurants in a lane. The waiters were fun but still professional. We had the 4 cheeses with proscuitto on top, makes me smile just thinking about it! If you love a thin based traditional pizza, II Buco is for you. Oh! it's BYO but there's a really good bottle store on the opposite corner.

1  Thank grimrater
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Went in in my own on my first visit and first meal at Byron and I picked a winner. Had the Il Buco Calzone, it was amazing. The staff were friendly and attentive and it was very busy. Would defiantly recommend! Big meal and well priced.

1  Thank Fruittray
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

What an amazing little restaurant! I highly highly recommend everyone to visit this place whilst in Byron. I am a pizza lover from way back and extremely fussy. This place did not fail to please. I couldn't say a single bad thing, we ordered the pepperoni pizza (all time favourite) and I was in heaven! This is the best pizza I have had in my entire life including throughout Europe. The Tiramisu is to die for as well! Such a lovely atmosphere and very quick service considering how busy it was. The staff are just beautiful as well, to top it all off. An all round perfect dining experience! Thank you Ill Bucco!!!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is one of the best Italian meals I've had anywhere, including Italy. We had the Il Buco calzone. With three different cheeses, mushrooms, spinach, passata, prosciuto and rocket, it sounds like a lot going on. But what you taste is perfectly balanced and absolutely delicious. I was picking the traces off the takeaway box. Such behaviour is not dignified, but necessary.

Also the service was warm, friendly and very very fast.